Exhaust Comparison

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder why the WB e series didnt get many votes i thought they were nice pipes that put out power? i know they sound awesome...very loud.
HMF will always win these polls hands down because it's a $200 exhaust and sounds good.

[quote:6s7iikqu]i wonder why the WB e series didnt get many votes i thought they were nice pipes that put out power? i know they sound awesome...very loud.
HMF will always win these polls hands down because it's a $200 exhaust and sounds good.[/quote:6s7iikqu]
Well I'll admit, I did just buy an HMF for my other Warrior, hey can't beat the $200 bucks.

[quote:qnoput6l]
HMF will always win these polls hands down because it's a $200 exhaust and sounds good.
Well I'll admit, I did just buy an HMF for my other Warrior, hey can't beat the $200 bucks.[/quote:qnoput6l]

Haha, you'll get rid of the yoshi on your other warrior and get a hmf for it too haha.

[quote:kcfymw4x]
Well I'll admit, I did just buy an HMF for my other Warrior, hey can't beat the $200 bucks.

Haha, you'll get rid of the yoshi on your other warrior and get a hmf for it too haha.[/quote:kcfymw4x]
Not a chance. The HMF is rediculusly loud, but it was cheap so it'll safice.

[quote:pdj9gulb]
Well I'll admit, I did just buy an HMF for my other Warrior, hey can't beat the $200 bucks.[/quote:pdj9gulb]
Try both pipes on on the same bike and tell us what you think.

[quote:eek:6co4l74]
Try both pipes on on the same bike and tell us what you think.

[/quote:eek:6co4l74]
Yeah I can do that, I'll try it on the 446.

I have an FMF Powercore 4 with the Powerbomb Header on my 03. TO me, its perfect, not to loud, not to soft. Couldnt tell you what it does for power, Ive never ridden with the stocker.

Does Hmf make a full system for the warrior, or just a slip on? I thought about getting an FMF Powerbomb header and Hmf slipon, but if they make a full system then i would probably just buy that. What do ya'll recommend would be best for woods/ harescramble racing?

HMF doesn't make a full system for the warrior, as is the same as most other companies. Aftermarket headers are mostly for looks on the 350's, the stock ones are the same size as the aftermarket ones anyways, and have no trouble flowing what even a heavily modified engine would put out. I've thought of getting one of the fmf headers myself just because they look better than the stock one, but I don't think it's really worth it with so much stuff out there that makes a bigger impact.

HMF doesn't make a full system for the warrior, as is the same as most other companies. Aftermarket headers are mostly for looks on the 350's, the stock ones are the same size as the aftermarket ones anyways, and have no trouble flowing what even a heavily modified engine would put out. I've thought of getting one of the fmf headers myself just because they look better than the stock one, but I don't think it's really worth it with so much stuff out there that makes a bigger impact.
Greg actually there are a couple of companys that sell a stepped header, one being Yoshimura. The header actually steps up to a bigger size 4 to 6 inches after the exhaust port. This aids in helping the reduction of reversion.

I have a Big Gun Race pipe, alot of people love the sound of it. It was included with the bike when I bought it but it wasn't installed. I couldn't believe the difference in sound level and power. One problem I have is that there is no way on God's green earth that thing will pass the AMA 96 db rule for racing hare scrambles. The other is that it sticks out the back as far as my grab bar and I think it would last about 1/2 of a race before it got smashed by someone who is a little late with their brakes would smash it.

So I bought a Big Gun Quiet series pipe, but I haven't installed it yet. I am debating keeping the race pipe for ice racing (challenge courses) and radar runs. I doubt it the Quiet series will produce the same top end power as the Race series.

The only other experience I have with a piped Warrior was with a Cobra exhaust...not impressive IMO.

is hmf popular cuz of the price and sound or is it actually a good performance pipe, i have one, i just didn't put it on yet

okay, I've been wanting a pipe forever, this thread was pretty much started because of me.

the HMF is probably my top choice, it's just I don't ride much so I don't think it's worth it.

what do you have to go through to put the pipe on?

take stocker off, put new one on, (clamp on? bolt on?) then fool around with the carb with the jets?

my dad knows a guy who works on motirized stuff, hes rebuilding our go-cart right now. maybe he could do it to save us the headache and the chance of my dad screwing something up (because he wouldn't let me do it)

is it a pretty simple job?

also, would the HMF give me more torque?

my warrior seems to have little torque some times.... like sometimes I'll be putting along then I'll hammer it and sometimes it doesn't want to get going right away. if I keep the throttle opened up it will open up but not instantly like I think it should. don't know if the HMF would fix that or not

Every warrior is like that. Its the carb some people on here use the edelbrock quick silver and they say it fixes that.

Back