exhaust bolts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
i had to take the motor out for something a whilebackand i broke the exhaust bolt off so we drilled it out and tapped it to 1/4 20 and put bolts in it andthe onebrokeso i drilled it and tapped it to a stock bolt for a heli coil then i put in a stock bolt but today it ripped the heli coil out because the hole didnt get drilled perfect and at the top it was a little loose and jst pulled it out and i had to so i put the second one back into the hole but couldnt get it all the way back into the hole so it was loose but now i think im going to get jb weld pack the hole full of it then drill it and tap it to a heli coil and put new stock bolts into both holes but one will be jb welded and drilled and tapped but the other one will just be drilled and tapped to the heli coil size will this work or do you think im crazy

There's a hole that's been "tapped" a few times...lol. Good luck, that SOB has given u a tough go.

yes it has but do you think it will work or do u think it will just crack and fall out and give me more of a problem then i already have

Not sure how JBweld will hold upto that kind of heat. I think you will be fixing again. What do you have to lose, try it, cheap fix. If it doesnt work on the other hand you are just creating more work.

Heads are not a big deal to change. If you dont already have one, buy a repair manual. They are only like $25 and pay for themselves the first time you open it up!

i know how to take it apart thats easy and the new head thing is out of the question cuz im tight on money but now i have a new idea im going to set heli coils then put the bolt in to as deep as it supposed to be then fill the top part thats loose with jb weld

The JB weld will NOT work. (speaking from experience).

I took mine to a machine shop and they MADE me a heli coil for a lot less than the kit.
took an 8mm bolt, cut the head off, drilled and tapped my head.
installed the 8mm bolt, then drilled and tapped it for the original 6mm stud.
Took about 30 min, cost about 40 bucks cdn. helicoil kit was 85.00

well i would do that but my uncle told me to drill it and tap it to 1/4 20 the first time so i did and now both holes are drilled to 17/64 in. hole and tapped to a m6 1 think thats the stock size bolt and im putting heli coils with jb weld in them tonight and if this doesnt work i gues im straight fucked in the ass then cuz i have no money to buy a new one

well i did it and so far so good i bolted it all together today and road it and it held now im just praying it stays

Back