Engine swaping

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duncan21

Reaction score
I have an 87 warrior and there are many things wrong with the engine but i was wondering if it was possible to maybe buy a different faster engine (used) like a snowmobile engine and throw it on it? any ideas would be help full such as engine sizes, years and brands. Either i get it running or else i have to get rid of the wheeler and i don't want to do that because hit looks sweet!

If you are asking about another engine that bolts right in, there really aren't any. I've never seen a snowmobile engine swap, but I've seen motorcycle engine swaps, dirt bike engine swaps, and other quad engine swaps. If you want to go the cheapest route though, rebuild your own engine.

i guess you could buy a used warrior or raptor 350 engine, trying to fit other engine could be very tricky and takes a lot of time, mods and testing, in my case i would go for the same engine so i don't have to mess with the electrical system or have any other problmes on the way just bolt on and ride!, cheers.

i guess you could buy a used warrior or raptor 350 engine, trying to fit other engine could be very tricky and takes a lot of time, mods and testing, in my case i would go for the same engine so i don't have to mess with the electrical system or have any other problmes on the way just bolt on and ride!, cheers.
I agree ^ but I'm pretty sure changing to a newer warrior/raptor motor does require changes in the electrical system.

i have a 94 warrior and when i was rebuilding it i found 2 different types of harness one the internet it seems 1995 and lower have one type of harness and cdi and 1996 and up have other that's what i found, don't know anybody near me with a newer warrior just to check, if its like you said then i wasted a lot of time when i was rebuilding hahaha

With the time and money that would be involved you would be better off looking for the bike you want... rather than trying to morph your Warrior or Raptor into what you want.
These bikes are great for their intended use, and they mod up rather well. Is it a YFZ or KFX 450, no way. Not even close. But they are a blast to ride, and a great trail bike. They have their short comings, and they have their benefits.
My take on it is, if you want much more than what a slightly modified YFM will give you... then step up to something bigger. These bikes are on the lower end of the middle sized quads. But they are very reliable, and that's what keeps them going.
My Raptor is modded up more than it probably needs to be, but the bike with the suspension mods compared to stock make it glide over the rough stuff compared to stock. But it still falls short of some of the other stuff out their. Power wise it is only slightly modded, but nicely done, again falls a little short of what I could have for the same money invested. I still love it though.

This is my Raptor, their are many like it... but this one is mine.

thanks for the good advice another to add is my budget is probably going to be about 400 or less how much does an engine rebuild usually cost?

Too and bottom end would be right about your budget if you go wiseco.. EBAYs the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a 94 warrior and when i was rebuilding it i found 2 different types of harness one the internet it seems 1995 and lower have one type of harness and cdi and 1996 and up have other that's what i found, don't know anybody near me with a newer warrior just to check, if its like you said then i wasted a lot of time when i was rebuilding hahaha

harness are as fallows

90-95
97-01
02-04

thats for the warrior i dont know about the raptors

Last edited:
A hot rods cranks need to be trued out of the box. Otherwise they are hit and miss. Your honestly best bet is a rebuilt oem one. I used mr crankshaft for my builds. His stuff is, 160-210$ depending on what you have, I doubt the bottom end is gone on that warrior though.

Back