Engine not cranking

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gundy

Reaction score
I have a 1997 warrior and i just put it all back together everything is hooked up and i have nothing no power anywhere i can touch the wires on the solenoid and get the starter to turn but it wont crank the engine all the gears are in place but i dont know why it wont turn the engine over. Any ideas what the problem is?

I checked the wiring diagram. check the fuse. power comes off battery and goes directly to starter solenoid. you got power there. it also goes through the main fuse to the key switch. your probably not getting power there

Where is the main fuse? And how do i tell if my solenoid is bad?

You need a service Manuel brother. There used to be a link to one on this forum. You gotta diagnosis the problem by way of using a multimeter and OHM out components as described in the service manuel. If something is out of range; replace it. The ranges for your year warrior are in the service Manuel. Youll get to the bottom of your problem if you get one

fuse is under the rear fender near the solenoids.

to test the solenoid. you should have 12 volts between the 2 skinny wires coming coming off the solenoid when you are pushing the start button. those two go to the solenoids coil which will activate the solenoid to make contact between the two bigger wires. basically a solenoid is just and electric switch.

but if you are saying you have no power anywhere (lights, neutral light, tail light) you shouldn't be getting voltage at the solenoid.

Back