Engine noise while high rev

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loui350

Reaction score
Just curious and alil concerned. When I'm riding and I rev high it makes a ding sound like something hit it. And it'll continue again and again. But when I'm riding low revs its perfectly fine.....do I just need new oil? Cause its all low now but still help

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Is it consistent with the rpm of the motor? Sounds like your experiencing valve float to me and your valves are hitting the piston. Possibly an over stretched timing chain as we'll.

Yes its constant but only when I open it up. How much would this cost to fix?

If you did it yourself AND Manage to get the springs out without pulling the head off its about 40 bucks for some new springs. Pulling the head you may need a head gasket.

You sure it's not spark knock, or timing chain slapping around broken chain guide? I'd try higher octane fuel first. Unless you got a big aftermarket bump stick in it I doubt you could spin it hard enough to hit a valve

Engine is pure stock that I know of chunky. But it does seem to beat out all the other warriors here tho. So it may not be stock

The three things I would start at would be drain the oil in clean pan and filter and make sure there's no shavings in it. Hit it with a light no sparkly paint look. Pull the plug make sure your not going lean, and try some higher octane fuel.
Does it do it when your light on the gas increasing rpm or when it's under a heavy load

What octane gas you running? Take a look through the spark plug hole and see what piston is in there. 1uy on the top of the piston means its stock. If you are running 87 octane go premium. 93 octane is what these machines really need.

Also when did this start happening? You just buy this thing or just noticed it after X event?

I've had it for almost a year now. And its just started today

Well changed out the oil and the filter. Seems to be a lot better but just not the same

Now it smokes when I start it up. That's it my quad is going to ****

10w-40 ATV oil. Pretty standard stuff I've always used it

No there is little rubber chunks tho...any idea what that could be?

Will it Cause any problems?

they could plug up the oil galley ports and prevent oil from getting to different parts of the motor which will destroy the bearings in the motor pretty quick

Well that sounds just awesome. I'll pull out the engine and take it apart to make sure its not

Back