engine miss

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J0 J0 360

Reaction score
hello took a 2001 warrior on trade last summer that needed a few things done. finaly changed and cleaned what needed it this winter. now on first good ride of year i noticed that in low end and mid range it runs like a champ. bu after that it just starts missing. almost like its hitting revlimiter. but i know its not getting that high in rpms. this is the 2nd warrior i have had.. ok heres the mods and cleaned/changed parts
new: starter, starter clutch, new tusk clutch and hd springs, new bear claw tires new coil new spark plug with gap set at .28. new stock rear sprocket and chain with a new 14 tooth front sprocket
cleaned carb very well the values and been adj
mods FmF power pipe, fmf pro circut exhaust, k&n air filter that has been cleaned and re-oiled and a new filter cover.

any help would be great. thank you:loco:

Last edited:
hello took a 2001 warrior on trade last summer that needed a few things done. finaly changed and cleaned what needed it this winter. now on first good ride of year i noticed that in low end and mid range it runs like a champ. bu after that it just starts missing. almost like its hitting revlimiter. but i know its not getting that high in rpms. this is the 2nd warrior i have had.. ok heres the mods and cleaned/changed parts
new: starter, starter clutch, new tusk clutch and hd springs, new bear claw tires new coil new spark plug with gap set at .28. new stock rear sprocket and chain with a new 14 tooth front sprocket
cleaned carb very well the values and been adj
mods FmF power pipe, fmf pro circut exhaust, k&n air filter that has been cleaned and re-oiled and a new filter cover.

any help would be great. thank you:loco:

It's hard to diagnose over the internet, but the first few things that come to mind are:

1. Ignition issues...chances are, the last guy chased a problem, replaced a few parts and gave up. Coils, rarely go bad, but the connections do. (Corrosion, disassembly damage, etc.) Make sure that all of the connections are clean, including where the coil mounts to the frame. Rust or other Oxidation will/can alter the performance.

2. Fuel....The in tank Petcock Screen could be clogged, Lacquer deposits in the Carb, Jets, Float Height, etc.

3. Over Oiling of the Air Filter.....

Good Luck.

-Rhyno

One of the major causes of a high rpm miss is a rich condition. Just a few questions I like to ask are 1) do you know what your jetting is? 2) Is the lid on the the air box?
Just a quick way to check can be to remove the air box lid if it's still on. I can promise you that this Will allow it to breathe enough to lean the Topend if it's a lil on the rich side. Let us know guy.

jets size is unknown. air box lid is still on. ill try to remove it tomorrow when its running again. out riding tonight and it sputtered and quit and will not start back. starter want turn over. i jumped the silinoid( sorry cant spell) and it turned over but slow. so i trierd to roll start it and it started then sputtered and died again. yes its getting gas. i think i have a wire or two loose some where but it got dark before i could find the problem. only thing i could find tonight was one conector under the hood not pluged to anything but thats the only thing. ill check back tomorrow and let you know more

Back