engine dirt

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have always used mean green from dollar general. i soak it down w/ water, spray it on, let it sit for about 5 min then use a soft bristle brush to smear it around and hit it with the power washer. Works well for me and the cases are always clean bare aluminum

You might want to talk to 20warrior01 and see if he can polish clean up it up then. His clutch cover looks kick ass and that motor is looking like a mirror these days.

i have always used mean green from dollar general. i soak it down w/ water, spray it on, let it sit for about 5 min then use a soft bristle brush to smear it around and hit it with the power washer. Works well for me and the cases are always clean bare aluminum

can you show me a pik?

If simple green didn't work your not doing it right! Try fine sanding your case down a bit after getting it clean so the texture is gone, that way the dirt won't stick so badly next time.

I'm thinkin Simple Green and a 'parts brush'

or maybe an engine degreaser spray from a parts store.

Easy Off oven cleaner.

WEAR GLOVES.

It'll strip any grease, mud, oil, dirt,loose paint RIGHT off.

Use it cold, let it sit, then run motor for 1 min. the heat will free up everything, then wipe,hose,dry.

I use easy off to degrease antique motors I restore. Have not found ANY grunge it cannot eat through.

the eagle one engine degreaser works awesome too, spray it on, let it sit for 10 seconds spray it off, might have to do it a couple times.

Easy Off oven cleaner.

WEAR GLOVES.

It'll strip any grease, mud, oil, dirt,loose paint RIGHT off.

Use it cold, let it sit, then run motor for 1 min. the heat will free up everything, then wipe,hose,dry.

I use easy off to degrease antique motors I restore. Have not found ANY grunge it cannot eat through.

thank you for that, remind me to give you back +3 karma

When I had my construction company we would use Easy Off on all the saw blades twice a week and it did a great job cleaning off all the tar and pitch off the blades making the saws run much better, bet it works well on engines too.

Well WD-30 and a scotch brite pad does it for me then a little of that mothers polish and your engine will stay nice for about 5 rides or so..then do it again!

Oh and a little elbow grease works to!

wd-40 to me is worth less if u read the can its over 40 precent water in it and other shitty products in it its worth less to me thats just me though

Back