Engine Build List

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBronz

Reaction score
In the near future I was looking into doing some engine modifications and pretty much calling it a day on anything big being done to the Warrior.

Here is my plan, but I am pretty new to messing with engines.

Everything on this list is from Powroll:

365cc Bore Kit which has an 85mm Piston and 10.5:1 compression
Torque grind camshaft with .390" intake/exhaust
Valve springs
Stainless steel valves with the intake being 1mm oversize.

Would that be pretty solid and boost me up there with all my other upgrades?

I would have to get it bored out but I would figure the cost with me doing everything else to be about... $750. There are probably some cheaper alternatives which I would be more opt to do. If I could build it for about $500 I would be very pleased.

Whatcha guys think?

OH and the Powroll page if anyone wants to see.

http://www.powroll.com/P_YAMAHA_RAPTORWARRIOR350.htm

$750 for all that! Where you going to get your work done? To get a full P & P and +1 valve would be $600 alone for me.

Keep in mind with parts you gotta pay labor unless you have the tools or know someone who can do your work for free. Cam bearings need pressed. The valves need installed. And you need a bore and hone.

Anyways, that build will make you really happy. The bore and cam will really liven it up.

The boring/honing would probably be about $50-60. Parts and shipping would be the worst part about it. The rest would be done myself.

Last edited:
i just got my top end back here the list of mods and price was 850 shipped back to me from Penn. That include all his labor and all the parts. what ya think? fair price?

366 big bore JE 85mm piston. 11:1
kimble white +1 valves, intake and exhaust
Ti retainers, and kimble white springs and keepers
Mild porting
Hotcam stage 1
KG clutch kit w/ heavy duty springs

dont really know much priceing wise but as for the mods that build list is basically what im running in my '96 minus the oversize valves (check the sig). personally i think that a the piston, cam and springs, and a port job are more than sufficent on a warrior. i wouldnt go with the oversize valves unless you really have money to burn because the price of having them installed isnt really worth it. my '96 will run circles around a stock warrior and its atleast a good 150-200lb (plus my fat ass) heavier than a stocker and is running bald mud tires.

the place is called advance machining. go to www.advmachining.com. i got the stage 1 top end kit, but the guy said he would upgrade it to the 370 kit for 40 buck more, so i said go for it! haha very nice guy, his names Al. and the valves came with the kit and the extra price really didnt bother me.

850 shipped for all parts and labor is a fair price. He did great work too!

sure he did good work, but i'd go for the damn 446 kit if i was gonna spend that much.

haha i wish man! but i only really ride trails. plus i dont wanna split the cases.... BUT! i do have to replace the crank in my 87..... hmmmm you got me thinkin....

Back