Engine and A-arms questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Reaction score
I have a few questions, first off: Lately I've been having this weird problem where the engine sputters like mad at approximately half throttle, it makes almost no power at this point and it's really annoying. I also noticed that the "sputter zone" gets bigger and bigger as the engine heats up more. Could it be a carb tuning problem?

Second question: Neutral and reverse are really hard to shift into if the motor's cold, I can't shift into them until I run the motor for a few minutes and it heats up. Is this normal?

Final question: Will the A-arms from the Raptor 350 or Banshee or any other quad fit? Specifically the lower arms. From what I've seem they look the same, but the dimensions are different.

1st question sounds like a jetting issue, or possibly a dirty carb, did u change something on your fourwheeler engine wise? or maybe a jet is clogged causing it to run bad
2nd question sounds fairly normal, warriors are very hard to find neutral in, except it usualy is when the engine is warm, and the reverse issue i am not too sure of

Thanks, I did recently switch to a UNI air filter from a K&N filter. I think that I over-oiled it. Could that cause the problem? I was planning on taking out the carb and cleaning it anyway.

the kn to uni shouldn't make that much of a differece jetting wise, unless you took your airbox lid off, even than it shouldnt be that far off, deffinately clean your carb out, did you squeeze the excess out after oiling it? careful though don't go ape on your filter they do tear hehe found that out the hard way(cheap **** filter too)

everything, but definately the main and pilot jet but i usually blast all the passage ways just to be sure

I cleaned out the carb as best as I could and the problem seemed to go away, but then it came back after a few runs. It's not as bad as before, but it gets worse every time I run it. I'm going to switch back to the K&N+airbox setup and see if it helps.

Lol u got the same problems as me cleaned the carb twice an still mine has like a back in forth motion in the gears an clears its self here an there I have been told not to clean it with carb cleaner to not sure oh plus someone told me not to blow air in the lip were the fuel hose goes to the carb y is that cause that's the only spot I have not put air to help????

Maybe just strip the carb and soak it in the gallon buckets of carb cleaner and put a rebuild kit on it. Except keep your aftermarket jets just soak them in with the carb for a few hours. I soaked mine for 4 hours and rebuilt it runs like new.

Back