eliminating the the underseat relays

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on a warrior, there are two relays for safety, how do you jump them?

Ur post doesn't make much sense. You can jump the solenoid with a screw driver or wrench.

on the warrior you have a starter solenoid, and two safety relays. the relays (plastic encased) are those to which i refer. i did an dc test on the green one. two of the wires show to be carrying 10.48Vdc. i jumped those two together and nothing. i want to bypass or eliminate the relays. by bypassing the switches, the relays could still go bad. my pos is acting like i have a low/warped battery even though both the batteries i have tried show 12.5. my grounds are good, starter is clean, and i cleaned the positive leads not long ago.

in reading a bit more, i removed the jumper i had installed in the park brake leads. the battery was acting up, so i started jumping the solenoid. the smaller black wire from the battery to the harness, smoked up. i'm told that this is due to a bad ground somewhere. question is, why would i be able to turn over the engine with the park brake in both scenarios? it is only supposed to let the starter work if the park brake is on correct?

Back