Eletrically Problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsonty1024

Reaction score
I have a 1987 first Gen warrior . i couldn't seem to get it started for months so i decided to take it to a mechanic who does work out of his house . So this is what i had to get fixed/replace. He put a new coil pack , new stator and pull starter ,and wiring harness, cleaned the carb and basically replaced all the electrical parts except the starter relay , the starter and the battery wires. He wanted 220 for all his work which he finished in a day . he started around 1 and i came back at 9pm to pick it up . Do you think i got over charged or was this the far price for what he did .

I know by my local shop I was quoted around 300 $ just to rebuild my carb. I decided for that kind of money I could just do it myself. With all the help on here and blue trax it was pretty easy. If he provided the parts the guy probably made less than 10$ an hour. Like someone else said even if you provided the parts he probably made less than 30$ an hour. I'm an electrician and I don't even get out of bed for less than 40 or 50$ an hour on the side.

Back