Electrical Problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richm1983

Reaction score
With some of the reading I've done I found that one problem may be the reverse can get out of sync and cause my problem. I just don't know how to fix this problem. Thanks.

2003 Yamaha Warrior
My problem is simple, when I hit the start button nothing happens.

I can turn the key on, turn it to run and jump the solenoid posts and the thing starts right up. The neutral light works and so do the lights. I tried with the clutch pulled in and it didn’t make a difference.

I tried to wiggle wires and look if something came un-plugged. I don’t see anything. The last time I parked it everything was fine.

Any ideas? I need to get this fixed ASAP because I am supposed to deliver it to the person tomorrow who just bought it from me.

bad soleniod sounds like to me ..... replace it , there cheap ... ez fix .. if u have to jump the posts , then its bad .....

also could be the neutral safety switch messing up there should be some disconects if you follow the wire from the clutch lever down. unplug them and take the ends that are connected to the harness and connect them together. i had this problem on mine and that is what was wrong. the neutral safety switch is notorios for causing starting issues.

Back