Electrical Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobyboy26

Reaction score
Hi I had trouble starting up my quad when we went for a ride... Then I looked under the seat and saw that the red Positive Wire had been cut probably because of fatigue... Anyways, I then took the wire even though it was cut and touched the battery with it and the quad started... After running the quad for about 10 minutes it died on me again... Then towed the Quad right up to home and tried doing that again the quad started for a few seconds and died... Does this quad really rely on the battery for it to keep it running ? Thankx

Just like a car, it needs that cable hooked up to charge the battery and supply power for the ignition system.

Just like a car, it needs that cable hooked up to charge the battery and supply power for the ignition system.

ok so that means yes ? I thought it wasn't necessary, I thought the battery was there just for the electric starter and the lights.

I have ridden my bike for months without the positive wire hooked up. I just lift the seat and touch it fires right up. The bike will run the gas out even with the electrical hooked up. You problem is elsewhere.

I have ridden my bike for months without the positive wire hooked up. I just lift the seat and touch it fires right up. The bike will run the gas out even with the electrical hooked up. You problem is elsewhere.

I'm so very confused ! The quad was going A+++ before that damn red positive wire broke ! I'll replace the red positive wire and hopefully this will solve my problem ! If the quad troubleshoots i'll be like WTF is wrong again ?

Back