Electrical**PROBLEM SOLVED**

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
OMG it seems that whenever I fix something another thing get messed up. I have replace all my bearing in my rear axle , front steering knuckle bearings. I wanted to start it up and let her warm up. But when I started her it made this clicking sound . I put my head up the fenders and heard it was coming from the electrical part by the battery box.(I think it was the CDI unit)

The click was probably coming from the solenoid. If it's been sitting for a while your battery might be dead. Try jump starting it, or look to see if your headlights are dim. I know exactly what you mean with things breaking faster than you can repair them, i've had the same thing going on since I bought my warrior last year. I thought I finally caught up to it and would be able to get my edelbrock, but now it needs it's second rebuild. I feel your pain ???

well I put my battery in, turned on the key and then hit the high beams for the headlights and they were perfectly normal. But when I try to start it the light dim a little(I think thats normal) it just make a little clicking sound but the neutral dims a lot and sometimes shuts off.

Sounds like the battery is too week to me. Have you tried jumping it off? Can you turn the lights off while you try to start it to see if it turns over?

OMG it seems that whenever I fix something another thing get messed up. I have replace all my bearing in my rear axle , front steering knuckle bearings. I wanted to start it up and let her warm up. But when I started her it made this clicking sound . I put my head up the fenders and heard it was coming from the electrical part by the battery box.(I think it was the CDI unit)

It is with out a doubt a weak battery or a loose connection on the battery terminal; this is almost always the case when you get a "clicking" from the starter RELAY. The starter motor has a much higher amp demand then your lights, this is why the lights work but your starter wont.

As I have said before most of the time when people are bitching about "one problem after another" it all could have been avoided with regular/preventative maintenance. Had you guys replaced your bearings when you should of, kept your battery on a tender when the quad was going to sit for more then a week, and taken better care of things that you need to be attentive on, these "problems" would not exist. How does a quad run that is taken care of constantly? It runs/performs well constantly... How does a quad run that is only ridden and has its oil changed MAYBE when the owner feels like? It runs like **** and breaks...

2+2 = 4 here guys!

STOP trying to crank over the quad and using your lights on a weak battery; you are digging yourself a deeper hole and possibly damaging the battery permanently!!! You should go out and get a battery tender, everyone should have one...

By the way... All Balls bearings are ****, expect to change them sooner then later!

OK. Well I have been doing all the recommended maintenance its just the jackass before didn't. OK thanks for the heads up on the bearings. I kinda thought they weren't very good. Also, what is better kind of bearing? I wish I had a credit card so I could by stuff online.

OK. Well I have been doing all the recommended maintenance its just the jackass before didn't. OK thanks for the heads up on the bearings. I kinda thought they weren't very good. Also, what is better kind of bearing? I wish I had a credit card so I could by stuff online.

Lol stock bearings are actually very good but $$$$, most bearing houses will sell quality bearings, and there is a company on the tip of my tongue that I cant think of at the moment.

hey it's not my fault! I didn't know the previous owner, but i can tell that they didn't give a **** about maintaining it. This thing started falling apart the day I bought it and it hasn't let off ever since. I've changed the oil at least 5 times this year, and I never beat it hard or abuse it. I almost had my edelbrock, but now the valve seals are shot and I think the piston rings are bad too, so it's gonna be another couple months. Pretty soon this thing isn't going to have any original parts left on it at all.

hey it's not my fault! I didn't know the previous owner, but i can tell that they didn't give a **** about maintaining it. This thing started falling apart the day I bought it and it hasn't let off ever since. I've changed the oil at least 5 times this year, and I never beat it hard or abuse it. I almost had my edelbrock, but now the valve seals are shot and I think the piston rings are bad too, so it's gonna be another couple months. Pretty soon this thing isn't going to have any original parts left on it at all.

lol that sucks!Ya the owner who had it before didn't give a **** he just thought you could drive it and not need to maintenance. Well he was sadly mistaken. O well shes in my hands now, soon she'll be in good shape.

Back