electric start wont work

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikewarrior350

Reaction score
so i cant for the life of me get the electric start to work on my '98. the solenoid it fine, the starter button is fine, the clutch switch is eliminated, both relays are good, and everything seems to have contenuity. i can start it by jumping the solenoid so i no the starters good as well. i went through the entire diagnostic section of the service manual and have yet to find anything wrong too. any ideas on what could be going on here?

if u can start it by jumping the solenoid then the solenoid is trashed i had the same prob hust fix that i think mine was like '$50 but im not sure i cant find the recepit

yeah thats the solenoid, run out to an aoutzone or somthin llike that, and you can pick up a 12 volt solenoid meant for old cars, it will require a little bit of riggin to get it to fit for its a tad bigger, then you might have to drill out the conectors for the actual switch, but its worht it to not spend 50 bucks and only 12

sorry wasnt really clear. when i said jump the solenoid i ment actualy energizing it strait to the battery with jumper wires so the solenoid is definately good. im gonna try going through the electrical system again tommrow but it doesnt help that the retarted previous owner spray painted the frame black without removing the wiring harness first so i have an entire wire harness filled with black wires

take the starter off and clean where it contacts the motor and on the motor it self. when i first got my warrior it had sat for a year and had corrosion in between. the starter goungs via the motor.

well i went through the entire electrical system and couldnt find anything. then im putting it back together and it occured to me to check and see if anything had power and nothing did. went to check for power at the main switch and noticed that one of the connectors in the plug was partially pushed out so it didnt make contact. that'll teach me to overlook the obvious

yup. even managed to get the reverse and neurtral lights fixed that havent worked since i bought the bike

Back