Electric start won't work???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex

Reaction score
When I hit the electric start all I get it a "click" from under the seat.

It doesn't turn over or try to start. Just tick...tick...tick...when I hit the starter button.

I tried to boost it off a vehicle and it's the same.

I got a battery charger and tried to charge the battery...after about 6 hours I tried it again and it's the same.

Any suggestions?

How would I check the starter selenoid?

that is what is making the clicking noise -try jumping across to 2 bolts on top and see if it does something. When a solonoid makes that noise it usually means it is not getting enough juice, but sometimes it is just going bad.

Have the battery tested - did you try to jump it before or after the battery was on the charger. Check all the connections down to the starter. A loose connections will give the same symptom.

Alot of time when u just get the click it's a loose wire. Check your connections and ground wire's!

like flyinacez said, check all terminals and connections, also check your battery itself for any corrosion (cause of mine to click like that) i've also asked this question and have answered it many times, try searching next time, many of these questions have been answered

Like wie1086 said jump the solenoid. Follow the heavy wire from your starter. It will stop at the solenoid. Another heavy wire will be going to it from the battery. Jump these two bolts, a screwdriver works well. Of course have your ignition on. If the starter engages it is more than likely a bad. You can also hold down the starter button and take a screwdriver and tap the relay (the thing you heard clicking). If it starts then you have a bad relay.

Back