Edelbrock carburetor tuning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickofit

Reaction score
Picked up another warrior from a buddy.Its got an edelbrock carb on it.Trouble is,we could never get that carb tuned just right.

I know a few of you guys run the eddy carb...do you happen to remember which needle # you ended up going with..??...

I have both manuals that came with the carb saved as a pdf,and see it came with 3 different needles,a 16-E,a 18-E,and a 20-E...im pretty sure it has the 18-E in it now,and have no other needles.

Just hoping someone running one of these carbs happens to know the needle # in theres now,and what mods you have.

This bike is a 87,stg 1 hotcam,think it was 10:5:1 white bros piston,hmf slip on,clamp on uni filter and bracket,no lid,edelbrock carb,raptor 350 carb boot.

Thanks...and Merry Christmas...

I run one
It has the 18e in it. Runs a bit rich but the 16e was flat.
There is a such thing as a 17e I just haven't picked one up.
Tuning is not to hard.
Make sure when you adjust the needle, you must press the throttle fully and hold, then the adjusting knob needs to be pressed in fully and rotated to ensure it engages the adjuster. Some oil may be needed to free it up, but it must be pushed in fully to adjust. This only adjusts 0-1/3 throttle performance.
Change the needle if the problem is in a higher throttle range.
You can adjust the accel pump if needed to help low end response.
Float level is very important.
And make sure the thumb throttle housing has been modded to accommodate the longer throttle throw.
If you can describe your problem we may be able to help more.

2000 yfm350
20 over wiseco
Web 430 cam
Ported and polished
Rick's CDI
Accel supercoil (newest mod coil is on top of the spark plug)
FMF header
GYT-R muffler

Sorry took so long to get back,haven't been working on it for a while,too damn cold.

Okay,gonna pull it off here soon,and give it a good cleaning,as I know the slide is sticking slightly.

Sparky,can you possibly give me the float height,I can't find it anywhere..the manual tells how to adjust it,but says refer to supplement manual for the height,and the supplement manual doesn't list it,just turns out for accel pump and clicks out for slide..??

Thanks

Thanks for cable info lbjamm...

Just got off the phone with edelbrock...he didn't give me an exact float height,he said to remove bowl,attach fuel line,let bowl fill,and should be 3\4 way up the needle and seat when full.

Wow,never heard of doing float level that way,lol....is this how you guys runnin the eddy carbs set your float height..??

Thanks

Back