EBC rear brake pad question.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Yesterday I did my first ever brake pad change on the rear of my rappy and have a problem with the EBC extreme duty pads I got. It looks like the new inner pad fits fine but the outer pad material is too thick to reinstall the caliper over the brake disk, there just isnt enough clearance. I used a worn stock pad in the outside position and everything fit fine and the brakes seem to work right. The outside pad was flush against the caliper so its not like I could adjust it out or anything. Are these pads just too thick? I dont have any new stock pads to compare them too. Thanks for any help/replies.

I have never tried them so I can't say for sure if they fit. If they are selling them for the warrior then they should fit. When you installed the pads did you completely compress the piston into the caliper? If not, do so and that should do it!

make sure your caliper is sliding on the pins smoothly. The one that is a pin bolt has a tendancy to freeze up. take them apart and grease. If the pin bolt is frozen, remove it somehow without damaging the caliper. It costs about $5, much less than a caliper. If a boot comes out, replace it (buy a couple of spares!)-they are literally impossible to put back in.

Back