Ebay savvy...Need Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorcliff77

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to ebay, and i just lost my first auction by 50 cents, in the last 10 seconds!

I feel so empty now.....

Anyone have any tips?

If you really want something and it doesnt have a buy it now price wait until at least the last minute to bid. If someone else has bid on it wait till about 15 seconds to bid and set a higher max bid. I've out bid people with 3 seconds left before, really gets your heart pumpin when it gets that close haha. Not really any tricks just about timing and how much your willing to spend.

Ok so that's where i went wrong. i should not have bid so early then. at 1 hour to go the bid was 10 bucks, i then bid 10.50 and sat on it, with a max bid of 15.00. i kept hitting refresh during the last minute, then at 10 seconds, it said i was outbid....

Auction sniping - gotta love it when it works out for you and it totally sux when you get sniped. I did a wikipedia search on auction sniping and there was some interesting stuff on it. It's amazing the lengths some people will go to.

**** buying on Egay. I only buy new stuff with a buy it now option. I love selling on Ebay, people are willing to pay way too much just so they can "win" at something.

Same here, I only use the Buy it Now option. I don't have the patience to bid on stuff.

Hammersnipe.com, i have used it before and it works pretty good. sniping avoids the last minute bidding wars that drive up the prices on stuff, by entering your bid within the last few seconds. its great for a buyer but sucks for sellers.

Ok so that's where i went wrong. i should not have bid so early then. at 1 hour to go the bid was 10 bucks, i then bid 10.50 and sat on it, with a max bid of 15.00. i kept hitting refresh during the last minute, then at 10 seconds, it said i was outbid....
Don't ever bid early, let the newbies run the price up first then see if your still interested in it. I always bid the in last 1 min and I have a maximum that I'm willing to spend for an item. At best think of it this way because I have, you made the person who won the auction pay more then he probably wanted to. hahaha lol

What i do always works, well most of the time, i just bid on something when i like it. I bid my max amount im willing to pay for it. Becuase say you bid 300 and someone esle only bids 200 you get it for 200. And i know if someone out bids me i didnt want it for that price anyways. And i bid early because if you wait till the end, it doesnt show what the last persons highest bid was so you might not out bid him, resalting in a loss.

just thought i would let everyone one in on how i made my warrior with aftermarket **** for a low cost ;D

Thanks guys, i'm using ebay for road bike parts and accessories, as we only have 1 road bike shop up here, and my ass is a bit sore from getting raped on parts......

Just figure out what u will pay, never overpay to win, you will see something else always. and always watch what the shipping is, they try to rape ya on that too so consider that in price. Just be carefull and check feedback too. Good luck!

Ya ALWAYS check the feedback, even if its good look at recent feedback that was left. I bought a clutch cable for my bros 250r a month ago and just got it a few days ago. The seller had good feedback but after looking at recent feedback there was a lot of neutrals about how slow the shipping was.

Back