dyna tech

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its possible. But the thing is the 02-04 model is not programmable at all.

Yeah I just bought the 02 to 04, there non programmable, so the 01 down programmable models will not work. How ever the non programmable is still better then stock.

Yeah I just bought the 02 to 04, there non programmable, so the 01 down programmable models will not work. How ever the non programmable is still better then stock.

Hopefully they didn't program the limiter in that one like they did my programable one. With that cam you'll be hitting the limiter before you start to make power. I know right when I was hitting the 8500 rpm limiter it was almost right at peak power... the cam you have is way bigger. With the stroker motor it might be ok...

The people at dyna are really helpful... im sure if you contacted them they could help you out.. who knows by now they may have a programmable one or maybe you can luck out and test one for them for free haha

I emailed the company and i got a reply saying that they only have the non programmable for the 02 to 04 because they said the 01 and down dosn't sell all that great, go figure.

I just got it in, the rev limiter is set for 15,000RPM, it says the stock CDI DOSE NOT have a rev limiter, but the valve springs were designed to float around 10,000 RPM and the older the motor the lower the they'll float. They say the Warrior motor is safe to 15,000RPM.

I just got it in, the rev limiter is set for 15,000RPM, it says the stock CDI DOSE NOT have a rev limiter, but the valve springs were designed to float around 10,000 RPM and the older the motor the lower the they'll float. They say the Warrior motor is safe to 15,000RPM.

WHAT!!!?? the ****. Dude, they are nice people there but they don't have any idea what's going on. I can send you a couple e-mails back and forth over the rev limit issue I had with mine or the programable one. I don't know dave that's reving the engine pretty hard. I wouldn't want .040" of deck and trying to spin it that hard.

15000 is a little hard to believe... anytime my warrior gets close to the high high rpms i back off..... things dont sound to great at that rpm to me.

15000 is a little hard to believe... anytime my warrior gets close to the high high rpms i back off..... things dont sound to great at that rpm to me.

Yeah believe me **** really starts to vibrate.
Dave did they include a timing curve with that cdi?

With my edelbrock ive never actually taken this quad to its complete max RPM. It sounds like it blowing apart before it stops revving/pulling. Id like to invest in a dyna just to program a reasonable rev limit into it. When i miss a shift........holy **** haha

[quote:rrpzgx2m]15000 is a little hard to believe... anytime my warrior gets close to the high high rpms i back off..... things dont sound to great at that rpm to me.

Yeah believe me **** really starts to vibrate.
Dave did they include a timing curve with that cdi?[/quote:rrpzgx2m]
A timing curve?? If you mean a graph, then yeah, and they show the graph up to 10,000 RPM between stock and Dyna.

ok.. that's the program I run now and it seems to make the most power, it's hard to tell though. I reprogramed a 9500 rpm limit on my stock program and I think I'll change it to that for all of them. I like having something stoping me from reving it to hard when the rear end lets loose.

I was thinking of calling Dynatec and asking them if I could send it back to have the rev limiter reprogrammed, although that may not be possible with this particular unit.

I think it would be great for your stroker motor... I think you'll only want to rev that to like 8,500 rpm or so. That's about 4200 fps on 75mm of stroke...

Back