Dyna Programmable Ignition?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissan87man

Reaction score
Hi just bought one off ebay. The question I have is the ignition ready to go,do I just pick a power curve, anything special I need to know about hooking it up?What power curve do guys recommend? I like to climb hills. Also would I have to re-jet the carb, I have a 155 main and 45 pilot jet. Thanks

Last edited:
Dunno. Only know of one other member actually run it. Test 'er out and do a good review!

Hooked it up today and took it for a quick ride. Im very happy with it,my warrior is different quad now.I can ride a wheelie in first and shift to second now. I weight 210, before I could only do first gear wheelies. I got a one year warranty from Dyna and a dyno sheet that shows the power curves( post a pic of it when i get a chance). Curve 1 looks like its for bottom end( did not try it), curve 2 for all around power ( going to use this the most and I have rev limiter now) and curve 3 for top end, tried it as soon as I hooked up( won't use this because I only have a stage 1 hotcam and I don't want to float the valves or cause any damage, dosen't seem like there is a rev limiter for curve 3). You also have to change the jetting for it. Wish I bought this sooner, don't know why a lot people don't have it, besides the cost(only paided 150 for mine on ebay).

i have always been interested in these, but i don't see how they could make you ride a better wheely.

with the mods in your sig you should be killing it on the back wheels.

I want one and have wanted one so bad. WTF don't they make them for a 95 harness??

i have always been interested in these, but i don't see how they could make you ride a better wheely.

with the mods in your sig you should be killing it on the back wheels.

Because it changes the timing curve of the motor to power were u want it its like it automatily andvances the timing were it needs it it helps in the power a lot if its moded because you get a more powerful spark and more eficiant spark this alont with a amr mostor coil its flat rediculis a e3 spark plug helps power alittle but it really helps throtle responce

I may be wrong but isn't 96 the wierd year were the stator works with 97 up but the cdi is only for 96

I may be wrong but isn't 96 the wierd year were the stator works with 97 up but the cdi is only for 96

Not sure on that. A couple month ago i almost bought a dynatech off ebay thats was for a 97 and up. I would have been pissed. Good thing i got out bidded

Not sure on that. A couple month ago i almost bought a dynatech off ebay thats was for a 97 and up. I would have been pissed. Good thing i got out bidded
yeah it is, I just checked, check out compatable years at rmstator the stator is 96-01 and the cdi is 96 only. So you can keep your stator, change your harness to a 97-01 and then get the dynatech cdi
Stator Assembly + gasket YFM 350 Warrior

YFM 350 Warrior
Years: 1996-2001 **RM22604

$ US 150.00
HIGH PERFORMANCECDI Box FOR YFM 350 Warrior

YFM 350 Warrior
Years: 1996 RM02092

$ US 125.00

Last edited:
I just bought one after i bought the non-programmable one.. 150 sweet deal couldn't pass it up.. Is there anything I'm going to need to do to the motor to run it? I dont have and motor work done.. which level should I run for all around.

https://www.rmstator.com/en/atv/yam...x_for__yfm_350_warrior_/1990_to_1995/5567.htm

The only reason why I don't like this one as opposed to the Dyna one, it that the curve is pre-set (is it for high or low) and it talks about rev limiters. Warriors don't have them, how can you raise it? It seems to in general of copy for me.
I agree with you, I was just showing 87warrior917 that he can just change his harness and keep using his stator if he wants to get the programable dynatech. Lucky him he has the easiest year to convert to 97-01

I have a RMStator CDI and i wish i had the factory one still, i hate having a rev limiter!!! haha

NISSAN, come back on and tell us where you got your CDI and how you like is so far.

Back