Duel, or Single?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
Rear brake caliper, i need a rear brake caliper on blacky and found a CHEAP front caliper for a 450 its duel piston and im thinking i can put in on walle and the oem one on the raptor so i can send it on down the road.

it looks like a bracket will need to be made, but it should work, any input?

Rear brake caliper, i need a rear brake caliper on blacky and found a CHEAP front caliper for a 450 its duel piston and im thinking i can put in on walle and the oem one on the raptor so i can send it on down the road.

it looks like a bracket will need to be made, but it should work, any input?

you will probably want to get a better master cylinder to match the caliper, the masters are sized by the stroke and volume of fluid they move, and usually matched to the size of the caliper/cylinder, but its worth a try, it just may require more pedal travel or just not feel right

the front brake master is the same on the warrior as the yfz and the yfz has duel piston calipers on both sides, it made the brakes have a ferm feel, i think ill get one and try it!

Would dual pistons help that much? I can lock my fronts about any time I need to, so they clamp plenty hard enough... Get plenty of life from the pads...Only thing I could imagine it would help would be with heat fade, which shouldn't be a problem unless you race... Just can't imagine a reason for them...

Would dual pistons help that much? I can lock my fronts about any time I need to, so they clamp plenty hard enough... Get plenty of life from the pads...Only thing I could imagine it would help would be with heat fade, which shouldn't be a problem unless you race... Just can't imagine a reason for them...

They help alot! They are more controlable and have alot less tendency to lock up.

Endo power LMAO

Dont knock it till you try it! I can stoppy with the duel piston front calipers

Only time I do a stoppie is when I slam on the brakes for some shmuck infront of me being stupid, and they lock up. You will never catch me doing it for kicks. I'm not a big fan of wheelies either. I do em, but only when pullin the front end up using the engine, I hate dumping the clutch to do it. I think they are more fun when going along in 2nd or 3rd then from a standstill, imo.

Been wanting to put duals on all three. Been waiting to find the full setup, master cylinders and all.
Is that a must.
I have the YFZ calipers on the front of my Raptor. It is a direct bolt on with just a minor trim to the dust shield to clear the larger caliper. The master cylinder is the same for both bikes, does it work better? well you don't have to pull the lever as hard, but you can still lock up the factory unit. So no it is not that big a deal unless you need to replace your calipers and can get a deal on a set of the YFZ calipers.

Just scored 2 YFZ dual piston fronts w/ pads and a master cyl for $50.
Can't wait to put them on when I get home.
Still looking for the rear.

Sounds good.
I've got the two fronts coming already. Are they a direct bolt on short of a little trimming of the disc guard?
Do you think the stock rear master cylinder will work if you put the dual on the rear?

Back