DUAL EXHAUST???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ksuperglide

Reaction score
i rember reading in an atv mag a while ago about dual exhaust they make for the warrior? 3 questions on that.
is it really any help?
is it worth the money?
or is regular just about the same?
as always, thanks for the help on my project

scratch that. i did some looking and i dont think its worth it or in my budget

If warriors had dual exhaust coming out of the head I would say it would work decent. But since it doesn't I'm gonna say that the normal singal will do just fine.

Totally pointless on this engine... all you'd end up doing is adding weight for sure, and possibly lose power on top of that.

Yeah..less back pressure with 2 mufflers=less power

Its not a matter of 'back pressure', its a matter of changing the tuned length of the system. You still have only 1 header pipe, so to run 2 mufflers you have to run a collector that splits accordingly.

Thats just shortening the tuned length essentially by half, you'd more than likely lose A LOT of low and mid-range power on this engine if the muffler cores are still 'typical' sizes, and the jetting would probably be a pain.

To compensate, you have to run a small I.D. both muffler cores, and you simply end up where you were before (with a single muffler system).... but with MORE weight.

no. the one that saw DID come straight out of the head and it split into two right there, and went to the 2 diff sides of the motor. maby im the only person that saw that one.

no. the one that saw DID come straight out of the head and it split into two right there, and went to the 2 diff sides of the motor. maby im the only person that saw that one.

Even them you still only ONE exhaust port on this 350 engine. And its a single cylinder - a split that close to the port would instantly kill any scavenging, and thats a guaranteed performance loss throughout the whole powerband.

And again, you've added a lot more weight... thats a lose-lose situation for a Warrior/Raptor 350.

Sure you didnt see this on a twin cylinder swap, and/or with dual-port head? Or was this on another atv altogether?

no i am positive it was on a warrior. because that was the big thing, it came out dual headers on a single cylinder engine. and when i read the writeup about it, it acutally said it was a tiny bit snappier than the normal.

If thats the case then the only reason i could see it having more snap would be because of the split right by the exhaust port adding a slight amount of extra backpressure right there. Similar to a torque stuffer. Other than that, having 2 exhausts for a machine thats headpipe is already on the verge of overkill for the motor even when modified doesnt make any sense. Its going to cost you a shitload and your not going to gain anything, in fact id see it being a challenge just to get the 2 exhausts to flow the same amount. To me i would think one of them would flow way more than the other just because of bends internal weld marks and etc. If you want to do it then go for it and let us know how it turns out. But the bottom line truth is that you are wasting your time.

well actually about the day after i posted that up i decided its not in my budget to get it regardless. i was just still talking about it.

well then power too ya. make sure you post up and let me know how it is.

Back