DRW: Building a 4Valve 374cc Warrior Motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wouldn't that make the exhaust valves open when the gas should be getting sucked in and the intake valves open when the exhaust gasses should be pushed out???

I suppose if you get the timing figured out to compensate for the backwardness it will work just fine

Lol, if it was a single cam it would be impossible, but its a duel overhead cam so I can play with the timing ill show in a min how it will work I got food! And this college student be hungry!

Lol, if it was a single cam it would be impossible, but its a duel overhead cam so I can play with the timing ill show in a min how it will work I got food! And this college student be hungry!

Yeah, I almost though it wasn't going to work from the start but then, DOHC, duhhh:loco:

Its only Friday morning! Why are you hung over?

mid night call saying "we have a bon fire and beer bring the puppy if you expect to get in here" so i took the pupy and went to the top of some mountain where i woke up in the bed of my truck covered in beer cans. everyone had left and threw the cans in the back of my truck with me in it haha. so anyway haha back on topic

mid night call saying "we have a bon fire and beer bring the puppy if you expect to get in here" so i took the pupy and went to the top of some mountain where i woke up in the bed of my truck covered in beer cans. everyone had left and threw the cans in the back of my truck with me in it haha. so anyway haha back on topic

Sounds like a Polocrosse tournament! Lol. People thowing up off the sides of their horse come morning... Good times:)

Well things are looking up for this! LA Sleeve MAKES the sleeve ill need! no problem there, as for valves go, Mr Jessup being awesome source of knowledge that he is, found kibble white makes valves that can be used for +1 intake valves so im set valve and jug wise next step is to get the 2v motor finished and tuned for the race season (racing starts February 26th BTW) and then ill take a empty set of cases, jug with no sleeve to the machine shop and have it machined to work, then all the hand fitting like timing chain clearance begins. this should be easier then i thought!

So your gonna be using the 4 valve as your race motor when it's done? no test trial for it just balls to the wall racing hey!

Plan is to make it run, tune it, see how it runs and decide if ill run it or the 2v but either way ill be showing up to the track with a spare motor because ill probably shell one before the end of the season lol the first build should be about 10.9:1 comp so it wont be crazy the first time out, if I dont win school boy with it this season ill go crazy, P&P, cams, and somewhere around13:1 comp then it should satisfy me.. just maybe.. doubtful but maybe

as long as i have the key.. or the key to yours :evilface:

sure you can ride it, Scott, Pat, and Levi have already been just short of begging me to ride it lol so sure have at it! just dont break it.

HAH, kewl. Of course you can ride the mad cow too if yah want.

I meant time alone as in me and your quad, dark room, sexy music, some wine........you get the picture.

Latest posts

Back