drive

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
hey guys, what size chain and rear sproket do you guys recommend if i've alrdy got 14t front sproket and 20-11-9 rear tires?

hey guys, what size chain and rear sproket do you guys recommend if i've alrdy got 14t front sproket and 20-11-9 rear tires?

I run a 14-38 with 20" rears, might change it up to a 15, but I do have alot more mods too. Just go with whatever works for you.

and the chain? i don't understand the chain at all, what size should i get???? and what is a good one that'll last

no not that, the links like you can choose from 96 104 and 110 what size would i need if i had 14t front and 38 rear sprockets

Don't know off hand, but I have a 15/38 setup and I got the DID 104 link chain, had to remove about 4 or 5 links.

98 is stock and that would work for 38 or 40 in the back with a 14T up front, it's a little tight with a 40T. I would almost recomend a 100 link if your trying a 15/40 setup.

Just get the longest chain and shorten it down to length, you'd be super pissed if you put it on and you got one that was too short. I'd also reccomend spending the extra cash on an o-ring chain. They last much longer than regular non-sealed chains.

i thought X ring chains were the best, and how do you shorten chains do you have to have special tools?

i thought X ring chains were the best, and how do you shorten chains do you have to have special tools?

X-ring chains are supposedly better but also cost more, I've found that the DID o-ring chain has worked the best for the money vs. life span of the chain. I usually go through a set of chain and sprockets each year when using the DID o-ring.

There are chain breaker tools available to break the chain and shorten it as needed but this can also be done unsing a grinder to grind the head of the pin off and then a drift (punch) to drive the pin out. I've done it many times and it works great. Just make sure you fit the full length of chain then figure out how much it needs to be shortened.

Back