Donate or Buy Bracelets - Support Jones!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought two jj stickers off that guy from yfzcentral... i might buy a bracelet also.

he will walk again!!

i bought two jj stickers off that guy from yfzcentral... i might buy a bracelet also.

he will walk again!!

I wouldn't have done that...

Over on LT-R central people were asking him if the proceeds went to JJ and at first he avoided the question then he stopped responding..

MY question is, although this is in no way saying anything against him, and i wish him the best in everything and hope everything is perfectly fine, but doesnt this guy have alot of money?

We didnt make bracelets for dave after his accident and to me his family would have needed this much more. And 10 bucks! livestrong bracelets are a dollar.

And again this is no way against him and im praying and hoping for the best.

Remember everyone this is a message board and everyone is entitled to their opinion, im only saying that because i can see a huge flame fest starting against me.

not at all ds..... you are absolutly right. i had bought a cdi off dave and never got it. then i found out what had happend soon after.

i sent 30 bucks out for the cdi so the family has a 30 dollar check there, and i would be more than happy for them to cash it. but thats not the point.

on the flip side, unfortunatly dave was not a top motoxer than was not looked upon by the whole community. unfortunatly only a select few would have bought for example a bracelet for dave.

as far as the stickers go... o well. i doubt he will make much of a profit off the stickers anyway, and may god have mercy on him if he does keep it for himself.

i feel fine with it. as long as i have that slight bit of input on the back of my helmet, i am glad to be a part of jones' recovery and atv rider support.

i was under the impression that he was going to make a full recovery. by the sounds of that article, it doesnt look all that promising. does anyone know for sure what the deal is?

he can feel pressure and cold water around his groin area....this is a great sign and shows hope for recovery, and basically regaining movement!! spinal cord is only damaged. doctors have filled the hole in the cord. basically we have to wait and see what happens when his swelling goes down. hopefully all goes well.

as far as a full recovery, we can only pray. there has been many full recovery incedents that have shocked the world. i, and mostly everyone else has faith in this as well!

.....but doesnt this guy have alot of money?.....

I was thinking the exact same thing... It is great that everyone wants to help but there are literally thousands of people in bad situations like this without nearly the resources, backing or insurance.

There are charities that you can donate to that you know your money will be put to good use. Here are 2 good ones.

http://www.victoryjunction.org/aa_home/index.html

This one will help Jones more than someone selling bands and keeping the money a lot more:
http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.geIMLPOpGjF/b.899265/k.CC03/Home.htm

The Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation (CRPF) is committed to funding research that develops treatments and cures for paralysis caused by spinal cord injury and other central nervous system disorders. To date they have already donated more than $30,000,000 to this research in just a couple of years and over $2.5 million to organizations that directly help out individuals live more independantly.

how is he loaded??.... the average factory rider makes around 40g's or so a year. 0 from sponsors as well. so say 55. that is a normal salary for a fully grown male from where i am from.

bottom line is donate if you want to. if not fine. all in all this is just a fundraiser to help a monumental person out. yes! you can donate to other charities and such.

but are you going to?

motox ers get $100,000 a year at least on shirts stickers jerseys so on and so forth. But that money isnt good unless your winning and esecially not if your not riding at all.

Jeremiah Jones was a good guy and a great racer support him if you want .,

I did , he was my favorite to watch on tv and at the track. He never let up , ever and I dont think he will anytime soon

how is he loaded??.... the average factory rider makes around 40g's or so a year. 0 from sponsors as well. so say 55. that is a normal salary for a fully grown male from where i am from.

bottom line is donate if you want to. if not fine. all in all this is just a fundraiser to help a monumental person out. yes! you can donate to other charities and such.

but are you going to?

Maybe from just riding, but they are prolly pulling a couple hundred grand just from photoshoots, riding demos, etc etc.

highly doubt that.... i know ballance makes about 90 a year and thats with everything.

he has also won 6 straight! jones wasn't near that mark. so i doubt a hundred grand for all of that.

Insurance policy, Im sure jones has great coverage, suzuki will support him.
I boutgh one of those bands, WHat stickers are you talking about? Never heard of them.

Back