Do i need title?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3VER

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking to buy a Warrior in the near future and have found many around my area for under $1000. But none of them have titles and in my state of Arkansas we are required to be registered. So my question is can you register without a title? Is there a place online i can do a VIN check to see if its stolen? Hopefully i will get one soon so i can start asking lots of questions and posting lots of pics.

I know in OHIO we only need a title if we plan on riding the state forest parks. Other than that we dont need them to own them. What ive done before for the few warriors ive had is give the vin to my local title office and they will run it to see if its ever been title over its life. Only until recently do quads come with titles from the factory.

I will be riding prolly 90% of the time in National Forests. I live just minutes away from tons of riding trails. That is the only reason im really worried about it, and the fact i dont want to purchase a stolen atv. I had a Banshee many years ago that i never titled or registered, but i was never caught riding it. Mainly because i could never keep the thing running haha.

After Searching around on google for a while i found this under Arkansas ATV laws.

(B)(i) If the three-wheeled or four-wheeled all- terrain cycle was manufactured on or before
December 31, 1992, then proof of ownership shall not be required to obtain registration,
and a statement of ownership shall be accepted as proof of ownership.
(ii) The statement of ownership may be prepared by the person and shall contain the
following information:
(a) The person's name;
(b) A description of the cycle;
(c) A statement that the cycle was manufactured on or before December 31, 1992;
(d) A statement of ownership; and
(e) The person's signature.
(c) The cost of registration shall be five dollars ($5.00).

I actually just remembered a time i got a ticket for riding on a trail that had been closed off. (it was right off the main dirt road or i would have never been caught) And the forest ranger didnt ask for any type of registration.

Back