direct shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that the 400 ex shifter will have to be bent but you can get a yz 250 dirtbike shifter and it will fit perfectly.

I had the 400ex shifter and must say it's very weak, after bending it to fit, when I went riding, I'm pretty abuseful to begin with, the shifter kept bending down on me and I ended up replacing it anyway.

theres a few nice yz shifters on ebay, i think thats the way i am going to go. compared to the ex shifter, the yz shifter looks alot more heavy duty, has a folding shift peg, and no bending required. overall better piece. thanks for the input guys.

I hope you have big feet if you use the yz shifter..lol. I wear a size 9 and would have to move my foot forward just to shift up or down. It moves the shifter forward probably about two inches.

Actually that is a good thing for those of us with big feet, lol, I wear 13 extra wide and with steel toes on the stock shifter is kinda difficult.

Yea I have a size 14 shoe and the yz shifter is so much better than the stock.

i wear a 10.5 so no yz shifter, i acquired a 400ex shifter for free so im going to bend that and see how it works out. thanks for the input.

I only wear a 9 and I love the YZF shifter.
Picture180.jpg

Dave, did you bend that shifter? Cause it's bent a lot harder than the YZ shifter I had, which would help shorten it some.

Dave, did you bend that shifter? Cause it's bent a lot harder than the YZ shifter I had, which would help shorten it some.
No I didn't touch it, just took it out of the package and bolted it on. It's a cheepo EMGO I bought off Ebay for $9

Odd. I bought a cheap Tusk and it was a lot straighter than that, and pushed forward more. That looks like it would have worked a lot better. Tusk probably had mine labeled wrong or something...lol.

Wow, that thing is bent WAY different than the one I had. Maybe that was the problem, maybe they sent me the wrong one??

Back