direct shifter with rubber piece

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJCaldie

Reaction score
So everybody buys the yz250f shifters that are all metal with the knurled ends but I want to stay with that rubber piece that the stocky comes with. I've found a lot of yz250 shifters out there that have it, but based off of what I've read here not all of them hook up. Right now I'm looking at this 99 yz250 shifter that almost looks like it would work. I'm currently emailing the guy for some general dimensions so well see after that. I read on one thread that alex456123 hooked up a blaster shifter. I can find a ton of those but I really don’t see how they would work unless they fit under the crankcase or something.

I wear BMX Vans and I don't really want a knurled end biting the crap out of them, plus it's much more comfortable to shift all day on rubber. I've seen those silicone boots you can buy for like 3 bucks but they just look bad and like they would eventually break off. Has anybody found a shifter that works that uses these rubber end pieces that the stock shifter has?

So everybody buys the yz250f shifters that are all metal with the knurled ends but I want to stay with that rubber piece that the stocky comes with. I've found a lot of yz250 shifters out there that have it, but based off of what I've read here not all of them hook up. Right now I'm looking at this 99 yz250 shifter that almost looks like it would work. I'm currently emailing the guy for some general dimensions so well see after that. I read on one thread that alex456123 hooked up a blaster shifter. I can find a ton of those but I really don’t see how they would work unless they fit under the crankcase or something.

I wear BMX Vans and I don't really want a knurled end biting the crap out of them, plus it's much more comfortable to shift all day on rubber. I've seen those silicone boots you can buy for like 3 bucks but they just look bad and like they would eventually break off. Has anybody found a shifter that works that uses these rubber end pieces that the stock shifter has?

Found this..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Shi...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec830ad34&vxp=mtr

yes that's exactly the one i was looking at. or this one because its just a little cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380642637778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
so these will work though? no issues? i was at the dealership earlier today looking at the yz250 shifters and it looks like they may bind up with the bottom of the crank a little. do the shifters have to be yz250f or do the yz250 shifters work as well. i guess all else fails you just bend it just a little but i dont want to create any possible weak points

yes that's exactly the one i was looking at. or this one because its just a little cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380642637778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
so these will work though? no issues? i was at the dealership earlier today looking at the yz250 shifters and it looks like they may bind up with the bottom of the crank a little. do the shifters have to be yz250f or do the yz250 shifters work as well. i guess all else fails you just bend it just a little but i dont want to create any possible weak points

Yup that will work..

P1040017_zpsb14f97a0.jpg

works perfect!

Back