different heads????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20warrior00

Reaction score
hey i got two heads for my warrior ones a 88 and the other is a newer one, not sure of the year, but they are both different, the valves and the ports in the 88 are about 1mm smaller than the newer head? but all the part numbers are all the same from 87-04. i was thinking the 88 head was from maybe a different bike maybe like a bigbear or kodiak?
the reason im asking is cause the 88 head is ported with no carbon build up, thats the one i was gona run but then i measured everything up and the newer head has bigger ports stock but it has a siezed rocker, im gona rebuild one but what one should i rebuild? sorry if its a little confusing lol.

As far as I know the valve sizes never changed for the warriors from the factory, I think you're barking up the right tree though, some of the ute models shared a very similar head but with less aggressive valvetrain components.

Which one you choose to go with is up to you. If you use the one with the smaller valves you will probably have less performance through most of the curve, but not a huge difference vs a stock one. You'll be spending some time and money to rebuild the stock warrior one. Is it worth the extra time and money over using the one you have that's already in good usable shape?

im just gona switch the rocker to the bigger port head and put new valve guides and valve seals. im always trying to squeeze all the power i can out of it, so the bigger the better i guess lol

Back