Diet time.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01warriorutah

Reaction score
I am looking for some tips on cutting the wieght on my bike. It is all stock except for the pipe. I was thinking about the elec. starter , battery and other crap that goes with it. Is that an option? I am not racing but would like the beast leaned down a bit. Any pointers ? Thanx

Loose the lights, for starters.

Lighter rims, if you are running the stockers.

ANd an aluminum swingarm is about the single most weight savings you'll find. But bear in mind, aluminum is not as strong as steel.

I thought about the lights but I do ride at night. I could get some smaller ones and lose the guard.

the guard is what weighs the most....we really need some weight savings on theese things, they are too heavy to even pull out of anything if you get stuck, i dont know what to do if we didnt have reverse....and it probibly doesnt help that our bearings are shot

Lose the swingarm if money is no object, It is an anchor. other than that it's just small things for maybe a pound here 1/2 a pound there...
~Bill

The swingarm assembly and axle weigh in at over 80lbs, compare that to a lonestar swingarm that is much stronger chrome-moly and only weighs 15lbs itself. The swingarm is the way to go but you'll have to spend mucho $$$ for one that is considerably lighter. That will be my next mod when I have the cash to spare.

Thats a lot of poundage. Whats $$$ of Lonestar? Also while I'm here can I use standard driving lights or do I need something for atvs.

The lonestar costs at least over 600 for the silver vein finished one, for custom colors it's over 700. Keep in mind it has a cam style chain adjuster (with dual bearing housing) and optional skid mounts, that's why the thing is so expensive. The arm is meant to accept warrior skids and not 250r skids like some out there as well. That's a ton of loot but a very high quality swingarm.

Thats alot of $$$$'s. I will pass on that for now. I just removed the front bumper, foot rests and lights for running at the dunes.

remove grab bar, air box (mount filter to carb), take out battery and pop start (or jump start) it, get 3ply tires, remove e-brake, take off front brakes

Back