*diamond plate skid plates*

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
Hey guys I work in a sheet metal shop and I made a pair of a arm skids out of .125 aluminum and they look pretty good. But Im going to make them out of aluminum diamond plate.I'm going to make the full chassis skid too. Sooo when I'm done and have some pics of a killer skid plate set-up. Who thinks they might be interested in a arm or full chassis diamond plate skids. And what do u guys think would be a fair price. I will check tomorrow and see how much the metal will cost me. Thanks

Or if u have any ideas on something else that I can make that would be of use to us warrior owners, I will be more than happy to give it a shot. :)

Last edited:
It's not going to look pretty for very long. Diamond plate is more expensive then just regular aluminum plating right?

I could use some a-arms skids made for my Lonestar arms. No aftermarket ones will fit them. I agree with beastly, some frame guards would be nice to.

Silly question, but would you put the diamond to the inside (top) or bottom (so it slides better over stuff)?

Yes the diamond plate is a little more, but I will get it at cost. I can make regular aluminum skids too. I will use .125 aliminum for that. And I will certainly look into making some frame guards. And it depends on which way you would want the plate facing, I can do either way.

Oh and 1998 if you could give me the measurements of the width at hub and at frame and the length I'll see what I can do for ya.

Well I have good news, everything will be done on our CNC machine for a nice professional product. I won't have any prices till monday, and I'm going to try and price some stainless mounting hardware this weekend also.

Well I made me a new one out of .125 aluminum. It was laser cut then stamped out on our cnc and I broke the 2 bends myself. With 1hr to design a program for laser and cnc and the material it cost me $35.00. I made matching a arm skids for free. I will post pics next week when I'm done with everything.

Also do you guys have any links of what kind of frame guards we could use. Any pics or links would b appreciated, thanks

That sounds really cool, Love to see some pictures.

Does anybody have pics of a quad ( a warrior would b great) with frame guards on it. I need to get a better idea of where they bolt on and how big they need to be.

Thanks elwood & bones that gives me a better idea. Give me a lil while and I'll see what I can come up with in my spare time at work.

I got the same ones that Kyler has on his quad. Works Connection makes them. I think 87 has the DG ones(?)

P6160301.jpg

P6160296.jpg

I built some diamond plates skids for some buddies and faced the tread up so you can see it through the frame and it looks sick

Still haven't had time to finish everything yet. Tryin to get everything done to my truck before it gets cold. Plus my damn fiancé lost our camera at a concert. Lol

Back