DG Exhaust/Jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebluebeast

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
New to the forums here. I have an 01 Warrior and I just installed a DG RCM2 slip on. I know there are better brands and products out there, but I was looking for cheap performance, so I chose the DG. Anyways, I just have a few questions about the jetting. The paper I got with my exhaust recommends a 150 main as well as lowering the clip on the needle one position. This is for sea level, and I am about 200-300 feet above sea level. This seems a bit rich to me as they come stock with a 145 main. The wheeler also has an aftermarket performance air filter and adapter. I don't want to be backfiring or blowing black smoke, and I don't want to be too lean. Any suggestions here? Should I try a 147.5 main? Or throw the 150 in and not change the needle setting? Thanks.

Hello everyone,
New to the forums here. I have an 01 Warrior and I just installed a DG RCM2 slip on. I know there are better brands and products out there, but I was looking for cheap performance, so I chose the DG. Anyways, I just have a few questions about the jetting. The paper I got with my exhaust recommends a 150 main as well as lowering the clip on the needle one position. This is for sea level, and I am about 200-300 feet above sea level. This seems a bit rich to me as they come stock with a 145 main. The wheeler also has an aftermarket performance air filter and adapter. I don't want to be backfiring or blowing black smoke, and I don't want to be too lean. Any suggestions here? Should I try a 147.5 main? Or throw the 150 in and not change the needle setting? Thanks.

A 150 Main jet sounds right. I wouldn't do a 147.5 it will probably be too lean. a 150 should be good, just make sure to do a spark plug plug chop. Mine has a 155 in it and its a bit rich but it doesn't smoke.

A 150 Main jet sounds right. I wouldn't do a 147.5 it will probably be too lean. a 150 should be good, just make sure to do a spark plug plug chop. Mine has a 155 in it and its a bit rich but it doesn't smoke.

Ok, sounds good. Any tips on the needle adjustment? Skip it or just do it and test it out? Thanks for the advice.

Ok, sounds good. Any tips on the needle adjustment? Skip it or just do it and test it out? Thanks for the advice.

Its probably a good idea to do it, that way it isn't too lean, let me know if you need anymore advice, if this is your first time doing it and you plan on doing more to your warrior I would get a Clymer manuel, they really are usefull for this kind of stuff.

Well here's a little update for everyone, ended up rejetting with a 150 main. Opened up the carb to find that the jet needle had already been dropped. Previous owner must have done it when the air filter was installed. Also found out that it has been rejetted with what I think is a 147.5. Got everything back together and fired it up. Smokey, and won't rev up past 1/2 throttle. Very sluggish. Idles like a champ, which tells me the main is too big. It seemed to be running great before with the jet that came in it so I will be switching it back. Anyone think this is too lean? Like I said, it ran perfect before the rejetting. Thanks for any advice.

Could be:
Bad intake boot
Bad stator
Bad ignition coil
Or the parking brake switch.
I doubt its the carburator

Could be:
Bad intake boot
Bad stator
Bad ignition coil

Well, I feel dumb now. Totally forgot that my parking brake was messed up. Turned out the be the parking brake switch. Jetting seems great. Still going to do a plug chop though. Really appreciate the help, you saved me from having to tear into the carb again. :tup:

Could be:
Bad intake boot
Bad stator
Bad ignition coil

Yea Alex is right; OR the float is not set right but again; that's a stretch. More then likely like Alex says; its not the carb

Well, I feel dumb now. Totally forgot that my parking brake was messed up. Turned out the be the parking brake switch. Jetting seems great. Still going to do a plug chop though. Really appreciate the help, you saved me from having to tear into the carb again. :tup:

No problem. Glad I could help!

I have a DG RCM slip-on with a 147.5 main jet. Anything bigger just bogs it out.

Back