Determining engine sizes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
i know that a stock warrior is 83mm on bore but im running a 84mm wiseco high comp piston and i was wondering what size that makes the engine i heard its a 357cc or sumthing but im not sure if its true,and say if i added a +7mm hotrods crank it wud be a 410cc or sumthin and then like a JE 85mm piston wud make it a 440cc or 446cc or wutever i was wanting to know what all sizes certain parts make a warrior,thanks

It goes like this, 84mm bore with stock stroke (64.5mm) will yeild 357.5cc. With the 84mm bore, if you added a 7mm stroke the cc will be 396.3cc, If you went 1mm more on the bore to 85mm then displacement increases to 405.8cc. Sending you crank to FST to stroke the stock crank to 75mm (thats +10.5mm) and having them press in a new sleeve to bring the bore to 86mm gives a cc of 435.7, increasing the bore yet again to 87mm brings you to 445.9cc. 87mm leaves only one rebuild and it's a .5mm more bring you to 451cc. Now you can also use a 99 Kodiak cylinder (which is about 9mm taller and is thicker then a Warrior) plus the connecting rod which is longer and press in a bigger sleeve to give a bore of 91mm and displacment goes up to 487.9cc, this leaves two rebuilds of .5 and 1mm, cc will be 498.6cc with the 92mm bore, (this is a very expensive engine to build + I don't think you can get it anymore). All these strokers need serious porting to allow these engines to breath right + better carbs.

Back