dam carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawfox9

Reaction score
well it has happened to me again i need a new needle valve assembly for my raptor 350. it has been the second one now i have replaced. 27$$$.......this is really starting to piss me off cause i am sick of haveing to take of the front plastics gas tank airbox then carb.....i even drain the fuel out of the float bowl after almost every ride, also turn of fuel petcock

do you know if the needle valve have a rubber vilon seat? Because I wonder if that's drying out on you when you drain the gas. Personally I've had great luck just using some emery cloth at the dealship and then bench checking to make sure it doesn't leak. Then I have all my customers run stabil or sea-foam or some type of treatment and when they do that I don't ever see them again.. If they don't do this then I see them once a month complaning that it won't start or runs like ****... well with todays ultra **** gas and if you don't run anything it just about makes the carb junk because it gums it up so bad... anyway hope this helps.

i'll give it a try when i install the new one....maybe it will work.....so you rub the rubber sealer.....then make sure it dont leak...how do you do this?? then you run a tank of stabil through and you are saying this should help?? i'll try anything cause i am sick of spending 27 bucks when i dont ride the quad for 2 weeks....thanks a bunch and either pm me or post here on my questions if it aint to much trouble

Using gas conditionner would great too......gas conditionner help gas keep all is properties when stored for a while and will probably prevent your needle valve from sticking.....personnally I always use gas conditionner if i plan of not using my bike for more than 1 week so this way i'm sure my needle valve don't stick or dry.....

Back