cut front fenders??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derheim

Reaction score
im new to this and got my warrior about a year ago. ive notice a lot of riders with cut front fenders. at first I didn't like it but if done right it looks awesome and its growing on me. can you guys with cut fenders give me details on the best way to cut my fenders and make it look good.

I got my quad with the fenders already cut but i plan on cutting another set i have. Im going to use a jigsaw then a flapper disc very lightly to smooth the cut area if needed.

heat gun and razor knife they cut like butter and smooth clean edges
just take your time slow & easy

You can use diff things to achieve a clean look cut off like me,dremel works well also I've seen many diff tools used to shave them down but it's all about sanding your edges smooth after words honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just cut my most recent 96' Warrior with a cutting wheel

from this

To this:

I like the way it turned out and I'm gonna do my other 87' Warrior the same way once I finish restoring this one.

Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, as you said it's true that it looks good, but since I cut my front fender I'm eating dirt and mud everytime I ride. And truth be told, I knew it was going to happen but I did that anyway... now I regret it.

Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, as you said it's true that it looks good, but since I cut my front fender I'm eating dirt and mud everytime I ride. And truth be told, I knew it was going to happen but I did that anyway... now I regret it.

Yea, that is true. I left a lot of the back still there. I only removed the extended part of the fender on the rear of the front fender. That is prolly still too much removed but most of my Quads have been cut except the other Warrior which will be soon. My Quadzilla was built like that and my Banshee had very little front fenders so it looks funny to me to have so much front fender AND it does help NOT to crack a front fender down the center because there is not much there to catch anything. But to each his own.

I briefly considered cutting my fenders in front to make room for a badly conceived front wheel flip-around to avoid the rubbing. I got wider tires instead! I don't want to eat the mud every time I ride! I've seen guys without their front mud guards and it isn't pretty!!!

where you from i have a set of fron fenders that are cracked and would be perfect to cut up... you can have them

I'm from Texas. There's not much mud round here. Damn drought!! I have a big white crease going across my fender from previous owner rolling it. Tried heat gun to see if that would work but still white. Figured if I cut them, bye bye crease.

With my cut I dont get any muddier than I did on my old warrior with full fenders. I think it all depends on your riding style really. Though I do have an almost full set now that Im gonna put on, but Im keeping the cuts. That way I can switch back and forth depending on the look Im in the mood for. Mine were cut when I got it to, so I didnt have much of a choice.

Back