Custom Skidplate

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeBloom

Reaction score
Who has made their own skidplate for the Warrior? I asked my dad and he said he could get some steel or aluminum for me and machine a skidplate for the Warrior, I just gotta give him dimensions and all that. I'll probably fab up something in AutoCAD. Anyways, how do aftermarket skid plates attach to the Warrior? How thick should it be? What material is best? Anything I should think about when designing the skidplate? I know there needs to be a hole for the oil to get out, is there anything else I should keep in mind? Maybe some pics of either an aftermarket or custom made skidplate would be helpful, just so I get an idea. It would be a full-length skidplate BTW.

plasma cut out 1/6 inch steel with 3 mounting points so you just remove the skid to change the oil. i like the steel cause it will never, ever need to be replaced. it is red on top and cleared on the bottom so i can just clear it when i scratch it. i posted the mounting hardware too, made out of 1/2 inch aluminum and 1 bolt. pretty simple and easy. and those scratches were preexisting and the skid mount did not cause them.
107_5188_zpsf9117bfb.jpg

107_5190_zpse602fd61.jpg

I'm going to pretend I didn't just read that.........smh

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

lol.

no dude it is bolted through the plate to the aluminum to clamp it to the frame. simple yet effective. did you mean FRICTION?

lol.

no dude it is bolted through the plate to the aluminum to clamp it to the frame. simple yet effective. did you mean FRICTION?

Yeah i know the skidplate is bolted to the aluminum lol, I was just wondering how the aluminum is held in place on the frame. I suppose I sounded like an idiot when I said it lmao.

yeah dude no problem. i like the simplicity of it. no weird clamps and **** just 2 of the OEM mounts and one bolt to hold the front on.

right under the motor. look at where the two bottom bolts are. there are two more preexisting mounts but i chose to leave the out to keep it as simple as possible. so i can take the skid off quick to change the oil.

right under the motor. look at where the two bottom bolts are. there are two more preexisting mounts but i chose to leave the out to keep it as simple as possible. so i can take the skid off quick to change the oil.

Gotcha, I'll prop up the Warrior on the grab bar this weekend maybe to have a look-see. If I used all four pre-existing mounts, would that be all I need, or would I still need to have a setup like what you have in the second pic?

Mine's 1/8 alumium from an old sign. I used the 4 existing mount holes, just longer bolts and a stack of washers to space the skidplate out, and put one bolt up front, through the frame to another piece of aluminum plate.

20120925_190805.jpg

20121012_202423.jpg

Mine's 1/8 alumium from an old sign. I used the 4 existing mount holes, just longer bolts and a stack of washers to space the skidplate out, and put one bolt up front, through the frame to another piece of aluminum plate.

I like the way you have this set up, thanks.

this is a PRM i believe. it goes all the way to the front with 1 additional mounting bolt. the 2 unused holes r 4 another application i guess
IMG_3270.jpg

Back