cross threaded oil plug on case

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjb100798

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever had this problema and if so what did you do to fix it.... I bought a 96 warrior and i guess the idiot before cross threaded the oil drain plug and didn't realize/care, now it drips constantly.... is there anything i can do to fix it? I checked the threads on the block and they are kind of mangled as well... are these engine blocks aluminum and if so can you rethread them? any answers would be much appreciated...

Try to run a tap though it to straighten out the threads and use a dye on the drain plug.

mjb100798 said:
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever had this problema and if so what did you do to fix it.... I bought a 96 warrior and i guess the idiot before cross threaded the oil drain plug and didn't realize/care, now it drips constantly.... is there anything i can do to fix it? I checked the threads on the block and they are kind of mangled as well... are these engine blocks aluminum and if so can you rethread them? any answers would be much appreciated...

I'll 2nd the Napa choice, they have access to quite a few sizes, and oddball sizes.

As long as its just X-threaded, that'll fix it. If its stripped, then heli-coil (or perma-coil) it. Napa can get those easily. Bring them the drain plug, so they can confirm the size needed.

I beleive that it's only the plug thats really screwed up, thanks for the napa idea, what about any other auto stores, i'm going by to check, we dont have napa around here

If you think it's just the plug, then go buy a new plug, they're like 7 bucks at the dealer.

As far as other auto parts stores that actually carry a decent selection of... well... anything, napa is the only one worth trying around here for hard to get stuff. The rest of the chain places just carry the most common, run of the mill stuff.

Harbor freight might be worth trying for the tap, sometimes you can get lucky there and find what you need, they get some oddball stuff.

Back