Crate warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bart

Reaction score
I am trying to put my warrior together to be operational now after fixing the engine problem. So far I can't find a tutorial, manual or pictures of how it is supposed to be. I think I can figure it out, but a few pictures would help. Right now it is way out of adjustment, and clearly not together correctly and I am missing the proper bolt for the rear suspension link.
Anyone got anything? I tried the service manual posted on here, and after reading the same sections over and over again I finally got to the suspension and chassis section and it quit loading. Also my running boards do not fit right, perhaps from another ATV? I am just taking them off and running pegs for now until I can fab something for running boards.

So it is running now, but it seems loose and the valves seem to be ticking and there is a knocking sound. The idle needs adjusted higher then maybe a mixture adjustment. It may just need some good gas. What grade of gas should I be using with a stock cam and a 10.25 piston? The assembly went ok I guess for having to search through a box of bolts and having to buy a 12mm bolt for the suspension linkage. I also had several other brand new bolts to go through. I know at least one of the bearings on the a arms are bad. Also it seems lacking on power, but I suspect good gas and some tuning of the carb may make it better.

I did adjust the valves .004 and .007. Also I really need to check the oil level. I lost a lot of oil when I was trying to start it with the valve covers off before I found the bent valve. I don't think it was a real huge amount but I don't know just how crucial the oil level is for just running it a little. It's not empty, just not full.

Now I have together and know what to look at on the chassis and suspension, now its time to move this to a carburetor thread.

Back