crankcase oil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsadork

Reaction score
What weight of oil should i use for the crankcase on my warrior? i dont have the owners manual ;D. also, i took off the airbox cover and the little tube form the crankcase is still there. what shud i do with it? it just lets out gases and i dont know if i shud plug it or what. if i plug it, what shud i use? :-/

dont plug it!!!.....pull the hoze to your airbox, make an adaptor and put a filter on the end of it and mount it in there

Not true, only automotive grade oils will make it slip. You have to use a synthetic oil made for wet clutch setups like on motorcycles. Valvoline makes atv specific oil now that is wet clutch compatible and synthetic.

i looked on the dipstick and there is only oil about 1/16 of an inch up the end of the stick. where is the normal level of the oil?

hmm i when i change my oil i always put it closer to the top mark then the middle... ive got a ? what happens if you over fill you oil tank? i never really had the question answered...

hmm i when i change my oil i always put it closer to the top mark then the middle... ive got a ? what happens if you over fill you oil tank? i never really had the question answered...

Truthfully i always fill mine to the top notch, makes me feel more secure knowing i have a little extra in there. I have overfilled it slightly with no problems so its not really a big deal, but maybe only a couple ounces over at the most.

Thruthfully i couldnt tell you what exactly happens when you overfill.... anyone else want to elaborate?

I dont fill mine over the top mark. It shouldnt do anything because its not completly sealed because of the crankcase ventalator. If it was completely closed, it would probly just make the engine work harder because there would be like compression when the piston was coming down, i think.

What weight of oil should i use for the crankcase on my warrior? i dont have the owners manual ;D. also, i took off the airbox cover and the little tube form the crankcase is still there. what shud i do with it? it just lets out gases and i dont know if i shud plug it or what. if i plug it, what shud i use? :-/

Use 20W50 in the summer and 10W40 in the winter...

Petrol based oils for breaking in a new motor and Full Synthetic after that!

sinthetic will cause your clutch to slip!

In some cases I have found this to be true (certain Hinson clutches for w/e reason). But for the most part this is definitely NOT the case. I work in a performance motorcycle/ATV shop and the only oil we put in ALL our bikes (from R1s and GSXRs to Warriors) is Amsoil Full Synthetic - no slippage yet from oil other then my Hinson experience (and this is still debated whether or not it was the oil).

Back