Crank Noise?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
So I pin pointed the noise using a mechanic stethoscope, barely any noise in the top end but once i put the rod on the bottom end near the jug and the case i hear some pretty loud clanking.

Leading me to believe its the crank.

Now my question is. What do i do now?

1. do i run it till it dies like my last one?

2. Do i sent the engine and get a new crank installed?

if i choose option 2 how much money would i be looking to be getting into between buying a new crank and having the bottom end split and worked on?

from watching your one Video , Dam Right that Crank is Bad. Even the Guys at the shop tell me it's bad and they work on 350's all the time. (yamaha dealer...)

Crank & rod & Bearings , $250.00 +-(off ebay)
Gasket&Seal Kit $65.00
i Say change the oil pump when apart , it's like $65.00

it's NOT hard to change. i say Change the Crank on your old motor. and keep Driving your new motor till parts come in.

Last edited:
True I could do that. I have all the cogs and forks in a bucket. I just dunno if I'd b able to assemble it again!

Crank it and cheack the oil pump and u will be good to go get it off ebay and stay away fom used ones and wisco cranks so that leaves you swith hot rods

You for realz? WTF mang...... well, hit me up if you want to figure out what to do next. sorry brosif. I knew it was a little out of wack but didn't think I'd be anything to worry about (I have seem worse with my own eyes).

yea for realz sucks but ehh dont sweat it. i tempted to go but a new crank but i know i wouldnt b able to put it in haha when i opened up my old case the gears went everywhere and there so much stuff in there.

i mean just cause its making that noise does it really mean i need a new crank? since the rod didnt wobble that much and it did look good...

i want to take it in the woods but i dont want to have a fear in the back of my mind of the crank going out and me being stuck in the woods alone

^^ dang canadians we use miles lol jk that's about 750-1200 miles I bet the crank runns forever iver heard much worse thatt lasted forever

it lasted like 20 hours maybe haha..

today has been a bad day. my motor blew. work sucked. i got an underage.

ughhhh fuckkk

Back