crank bearings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20warrior00

Reaction score
ok i split my cases in my warrior theres some play in the bearings is there supposed to be any? and how do you take the left side crank bearing off the one behind the lower cam gear does the gear need to be pressed off? thanks

if they have any play at all, replace them. yes that gear needs to be pressed on, the best thing to do is that if you take it to a shop to get the cam gear pressed off you may as well get them to put both the berrings on.

Thats a Pressed on bearing. machine shop should be able to press it off, or you can if youve got a press.the one on the other side of the case you should be able to get a punch and tape it out the a hammer, to install the new bearing I put mine in the freezer. Then I used the old bearing and taped it in. Its really simple once you do it. I just finished splitting my cases and rebuilding everything. Just take your time and make sure you label where you took things off of

20warrior00 said:
ok i split my cases in my warrior theres some play in the bearings is there supposed to be any? and how do you take the left side crank bearing off the one behind the lower cam gear does the gear need to be pressed off? thanks

Any play at all and they are pooched. Replace them for sure. I took my crank to a machine shop to get the old ones taken off and the new ones pressed on and it was only about $20 labour..... they even balanced the crank.

Back