cracked intake boot problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illessteve

Reaction score
So iv had some trouble starting my 98 warrior checked all electrical,main and idle jet,air cleaner,fuel/air mixture screw which is 2 turns out per stock adjustment i have messed with it with no resolve of the problem.fresh gas,brand new fuel and fuel lines. My cold starts are pretty brutal alot of popping and air sucking also. if i turn it on full choke it wants to start but never runs long im talking a few seconds. Half choke doesnt even work it seems. Now when the engine gets warm i can get it to start to idle.. Then when the motor is hot it will fire up no problem it will idle great and throttle great even from no throttle to full throttle with choke off. But back to the cold starts again this bike sat for sometime im talking about 8 years but was always takin care of washed and covered. I have been going through it and eliminating problems 1 by 1 even have a brand new battery. Last night i was trying to start it and it was popping loud and i seen sperts of smoke coming from the carb looked down and it seems the intake manifold is cracked one in the middle and 1 by the upper bolt. So im guessing all the problems iv been having is because of a ripped boot. Maybe im wrong but before i go grab another i would love to here some feedback on this. I know these boots are a pain and its the stock intake boot at that. Let me know fello riders

If you can see the crack in it, then yeah, I'd get a new one. Go for an OEM too, not a cheap one off ebay. Check over all your motor mounts (especially the top one that goes to the head), if they are loose, engine movement will crack them.

I went through the same thing. A new boot will take care of it but It would be nice if someone came up with a bullet proof intake boot. Don't bother trying to repair it cuz I've been there done that!!!

They did and everyone looked down his design. Now after 3 boots were made no longer offered. Jokes on them they are still 100% functional

Back