could I ???????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20warrior00

Reaction score
ok so i was wondering..., my ball joint is worn out on one of my upper a arms , its a 2000 by the way, and in stead of buying a new a arm could i grind out the old ball joint and weld in a ball ball joint from 87 modle a arm?

I dont see why you couldn't, if you have the skills. If you don't have good enough welding skills you could easily get it too hot and melt that rubber boot right off the joint and make it useless.

I would just buy a used upper arm on ebay, you can probably get one for around $30 which is less than an 87 ball joint, and you won't have to go through the work of welding one in, and risking damage to the new joint because of the heat of welding it so close to that rubber boot.

my grandfather's a welder so he can weld it good , plus you can take the rubber boot off its held on with a spring thing, i got a set of 87 a arms with good ball joints thats why im askin if i could lol.

Back