cops!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, but you are the one that is so very proud of being an idiot. It's people like you ruin **** for everyone else, like get quads banned, and then are the first ones to complain like you never did anything wrong and don't know why the man is killing your buzz, instead of excepting the consequences. You didn't learn ****, if you did then you would have ened your thread with something other then "if you get busted, have a good excuse".

But whatever, I don't live there, so i give a **** if you lose your riding area.

and about me being a dick, I was writing down what I saw from your post. Maybe the last part was harsh. It's not my fault that you can't handle when 3 people straight out call you an idiot when you have no responsibility or respect.

anyway i'm done. it's 10 past and i'm hungry.

in my town all you have to do is stop and talk to them and be a gentlemen and they're nice so thoughfore you dont get in trouble or ruin it for the rest of the family of riders and most of time they ask to ride it or ask about it!

Whoever was riding the blaster couldn't stop that easily by engine braking if they went down the hill, two strokers don't engine brake quite as much. Why in the hell would you ride with no brakes anyway, do you have a deathwish???

Last year around this time i came home late from the movies around 1 in the morning and i could hear in the distance a really loud thumper sounding 4 stroke.... Find out the next day the neighboor with his done up YFZ was paid $100 to ride to the cop shop and destroy the lawn which he devastated. Cops knew it was him but never actually caught him, now he has a done up banshee and they ride on the streets like its some sort of game and the cops just cant catch them and they usually jusst go to there friends house and hide them there for the night. Couple weeks back i was sittin on the deck and i could hear the 2stroke scream coming our way and it was a group of them i think 2-3 on shee's and 2 others on 450's well there was a ghost car waiting for them which went after the 2 450's with no luck, Well the shee's ripped to his house and never caught him but i seen 3 marked cars go there along with the truck, suburban and 2 ghost cars.

Ahh its always exciting watching them do there smokey and the bandit bullshit

I live in florida and ride on the street to the gas station fill up, all threw the woods by my house. The cops here just dont care. I've passed them going down the street. Its great!

It depends on the areas you ride weather the cops are dicks. One area were we go, we were unloading on the side of the rode, all quads off, gear on, just packing the things we weren't taking into the trucks, and alongs comes a Statey (NJ state Police), we were like O ****, anyway he stops and says whatcha guys doin, so we don't lie and tell him were going into the trails, and he was like it's Sunday you guys should be home watching football, then he said be carefull, please don't get hurt and ride safe, he said we look responsible because of all the riding gear and that was that.

the cops around here dont really care if you ride on the roads as long as youre wearing a helmet and are driving safe

Even if a cop passes you and you are doing something illegal, use the old standby. Smile and Wave. Works everytime around here, unless it's really bad.

yah i agree with poswarrior.....i live in a small town and everybody knows everybody and there are a few trails that you gotta ride the road from trail to trail (longer then allowed) and i have been pulled over and one of my friends was about to turn around but i looked back and shook my head him..he understood...the cops ask for id and all that **** and told us to not do it again but i was polite and they let us off on a warning...( i think they just didnt wanna deal with paper work and a 30 dollar fine haha)

It's always better to just stop because if you get caught running you're gonna be in a world of hurt. So if you run, you better be damn sure you're gonna get away. One time somebody called the cops on us for riding around a development area, the cop pulled up behind us while we were about to race and stopped us. None of us tried to run even though it would have been cake and the guy just talked to us about how he liked to ride and he knew there wasn't many places to ride. So he just told us to stay off of the road we were racing on because it was under construction. But in the same area, my buddy got 5 tickets from a couple of assholes for walking his quad across the street. so you can just never tell.

The town cops dont care here but its the county sheriffs you've got to watch out for as well as wardens...

Yup, same here, i got pulled over once by the sheriff for riding down the highway on my Sportsman, he kept stressing that i could get a bunch of tickets. He asked me who said i could ride on the highway, i said noone, then asked where i was going, so i told him the campsite. He said that that was a long ways away (which it was) and he didn't know how i was gonna get there w/o going down the highway, so he told me to just go slow down the shoulder. So i did that, but once i turned down onto one of the roads, i just flew down the rode at 40 till i got back. Then several months later when i was on my warrior i was riding down the road from my friends house, and i police offer was coming down the road, i thought oh ****, and i just kept going at the pace i was going, looked at the officer, waved, he waved back, and he let me go :) then once he went around the corner i opened up more and headed straight home.

i've gotten pulled over 3 times by sheriffs and only one was a warning the two times were $75 tickets. I've always stopped for thme and have been real nice and they still have written me up. If i get pulled over again they will impound it. And here when they impound a quad they keep it for a month. After that month your impound fee is $800 just to get it back. So now i put it in my truck and drive to the trails which is only a block away from my house but the can't say anything since i din't drive it on the road and we have permission from the town to ride on the trails . The town don't care about quads but the sheriffs do

most bullshit story ive ever heard. im sure the cop was trying to ram you off the road,riiiiiiiiiight..... thats not their job. They are here for protection, not to kill some douchebag riding a quad that has "no brakes" aaahahhahahah right dude. And you guys are right, its def. an east coast thing, we are all stuck up in some way, ill admit, but nothing like most New Yorkers ;) they're all cocky in everyway...i would love to get away from this atlantic atmosphere and smell some pacific air :cool:

I would have tryed to outrun them but where i use to live the cops that lived on the same road as me road on the road more than i did. Now where i live now the cops are assholes and wont let us ride on the road.

Back