Cool video snagged off the 'Tube

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yupp, ironman is becoming what blackwater was in the 80's. the hill is a fan favorite. I almost went to watch this year. Funny thing is, that the hill is typical to some of the smaller stuff thats around where I like to ride in Wellsville.

Not a dead start, its part of the track, you can go all the way down and get up really easy or shoot up the close end and risk the climb. Most racers aren't much of hill climbers.

What got me about the video, is all of the people standing that close to the track. Don't they have rules against this?

nope, Its just like Baja and Rally racing. There are some markers up and taped off areas, spectators cant move those or get into the Pitt and checking area, other then that, its free reign and get the hell outta the way.

If you get the VS. channel, you can watch the GNCC races on your TV.

Crazy video!!! So many "almost made it"
I had to watch this video to get the taste of throw up out of my mouth. I searched raptor 350 on youtube and ended up wtching 2 raptors on some 22" spinners (come on guys really)!!

There is one hill like that at my park. Didnt think it was that hard to get up lol

I thought the hill looked easier to get up also. Granted I don't do hill climbing (yet lol), but it looked like they should have been getting up it easier. Eaither that or they edited the video down to just show the fails and falls, and left most of the succsesful attempts out???

Hills always look easier on video. I don't mouth a hill unless I have tried it. There always a lot steeper and more technical then they appear on film. I know from watchin vids of Wellsville and riding there all the time. Vids do no justice.

Hills always look easier on video. I don't mouth a hill unless I have tried it. There always a lot steeper and more technical then they appear on film. I know from watchin vids of Wellsville and riding there all the time. Vids do no justice.

That makes sense!!

looks like the top is the hanger.. seems there is a mob mentality going on here.. i know if i was riding and saw more then 2 guys flip down and loose their **** i wouldnt be volunteering to go up!!

looks like the top is the hanger.. seems there is a mob mentality going on here.. i know if i was riding and saw more then 2 guys flip down and loose their **** i wouldnt be volunteering to go up!!

lol true must be they got caught up in the moment. Eaither that or all the fails would make there sucsessful attempt that much better.................

But it could be the first fails so another comes up sees him fail and thinks " I got this ****, I will show them it can be done watch me" only for him to fail, and the cycle continues, thats how MOST of us guys will think and act. Wanting to be best and it really shows in front a video camera.

Ya its hard to tell on video. Maybe they only filmed the fails

Yupp. Tons of racers make that hill look like a piece of cake. Must XC course's are pretty much very consistent. Its its hilly, its all hilly, wet all wet, rocky, all rocky, ect. At the Iron man they throw that big hill climb in there outta the blue and it catches some people off guard.

Back