Compression

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so. I picked it up this year it never even had the oil changed before. Believe it or not it was reading 150psi with the throttle pinned ( I was shocked) . I was planning on refreshing the top end but it seems good as new. I was getting beat good(drag race on pavement) by a stock blaster and figured the warrior was tired. Although im 240lbs and the blaster rider was about 180lbs I figured Id still win but didnt(ashamed). I just went with the pro circ t4 k&n and dyno jet kit and havent yet had a chance to try the blaster again but shouldnt I have won stock.

There was a large gaping hole in the bottom of the stock muffler would that cause power loss?

I would say the hole could have made ya loose power............
Interrupting exhuast flow and leaning it out.

On the flip side ..........some of thos eblasters are pretty peppy themselves.

Anything done to the blaster?

ahhh, another fellow t4 rider. seemed like pelphrey and myself were the only ones on here with one of those.

stock off the showroom floor 2005 blaster. It is pretty peppy but I figured the yfm should win.
But I didnt. Then again they have to kick start and push their quads backwards so long live the warrior.
Has anyone found a liquid 350 four stroke that will work in the warrior preferably with a 4 valve head. and about double the horse. Just a thought? Old dirtbike motors streetbike or whatever anyone done it? (Ive seen the warrior 600 but that just seems insane.)

Im sure I can massage the power im looking for out of this engine. I guess it just depends on if I ever wanna get the money back out of it(sell it) which is doubtful. Im looking into the 430 kit from powroll and a edelbrock carb over the winter. Ive had a good weekend of riding on it now and I am sure I want the warrior to go faster and not me to go faster on a different quad. I loved it and am addicted. My bud keeps telling me to sell it buy a banshee or 250r I keep telling him electric start and reverse. Also why not dump a couple grand into this one and make it fckn awsome rather than dumping 6 or 7 grand into a new raptor or yfz 450 to get one stock. So 430 kit edelbrock carb pro circ t4 k&n jetted raptor 660 shocks all around new axle ignition tires flipped all the way around (its wider than a 250r by an inch with stock a arms) and Ill have a trail thumpin dune stomping WARRIOR BABY!

Sorry I get excited!!

i hear ya. i went back and forth as to what i should do with my warrior. of course i could sell it and buy something faster, but building a motor give you more satisfaction than just buying something already done. of course i wont be able to get the money out of it that i put into it. fortunately, i have two motors. i'm gonna leave the 01 motor alone and stroke the other. that way when i ever do decide to sell it, i can put the motors back and atleast get a little money for the bored and stroked motor. some people might not go that route, but that's alright.

Ive decided to mod the piss out of it and ride it till the wheels fall off. Somewhere along the way Im gonna build a duner banshee but for now the 430 kit with the other mentioned mods I was told by powroll around 41-42 horse but theyve had one guys dyno out at 49 and they said results will vary. I talked to a guy that has a powroll warrior all done up by them and he says after a gear change he was neck and neck with a 05 honda 450r and about a quad or so back off a 05 yfz 450 that he rides with. Thats plenty for me. When Im hangin on by a grab bar on my 20 + yr old machine that was half the cost of your new yfz450 Id say thats damn fast enough.

i know people are probably getting sick of me saying this, but i would go with all the parts that powroll offers for the head, but i wouldnt use their stroker kit. i recommend going with hotrods crank and piston. with the 430 kit, you supposedly have to keep your rpms down.

sounds like you are kinda going the same route as me. i'm gonna mod the piss out of the warrior and also build a banshee or 250r or possibly a 125 2 stroke bike. gotta get the warrior done first though.

If it makes the power without the revs Im fine with it. Motor will last longer (you would think less strain) we'll see how it works but its gonna be a few months yet before I crack the case who knows what it will entail.

Back