compression rario and quench

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese_05_70

Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out exactly what my comperession ratio is now? I'm getting a cam and valve springs for Christmas and I want my compression ratio 11:1-11.5:1 and would like to get quench down to 0.045. Also is the +1 intake valve worth it? I might get that done over winter too if it is worth the cost for what gains you get.

Bore: 84mm
Stoke: 64.5mm
Head gasket: 0.040in. I think can't find any measurements online
Piston dome: ? Its a wiesco 10.25:1
Combustion chamber: 36cc got it from online should be close
Piston deck clearance: 0.038in.

Last edited:
I called wiesco and they said that they didn't know what the piston dome volume was. How can you build a 10.25:1 piston and not know the dome volume.

How are some of you figuring up your compression ratio without it?

I hate how they have four Wheeler parts specs makes it seem there trying to hide things and screw you. Piston no dome height, camshaft no spring pressure recommended, valve springs no dimmension measurements or spring rate which you can figure up. Its just buy these parts install and ride. Well I like to double check things cause advertised specs can be far from actual sometimes. I don't want a 10.25:1 piston only being 9.5-9.8:1 since my piston is in the hole. Car motors they give everything that way you can set it up how you want it. I would think a web .390 and the web .430 with the same web springs would float valves at different rpms.

Thanks for any help.

Oh, and as far as valve springs go, they usually just make one really heavy duty kit that is supposed to handle up to the biggest cam available for your bike. That has been my experience with them anyway.

im runnin the 10.25 with .010 off the head and the top of the cyl with no base gskt ..

Back