Common Warrior electrical problems -please sticky

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wie1086

Reaction score
Ok Guys and Newbies, these issues come up over and over and it can become wearisome repeating the same words every month. If you have rock solid advise to help fill in what I write, please do.

Warrior - no spark. There are 2 things that cause a Warrior to not spark commonly and these should be checked first. 1) The insulation can wear off the harness where it goes around the frame to the CDI, which in turn will ground the system. Remove battery and rear plastic, then unplug the 2 plugs from your CDI and push the harness back through hole and inspect. Open it up if there is damage and retape well -add extra near wear spot. I mention this one first as all it costs to fix is electrical tape and time. If this checks out OK, then most likely it is your stator or the pickup coil within. It can be tested with an Ohm meter - pickup coil + lead is blue and - lead is yellow. Pick up coil resistance is 171-209. Other things can go wrong, but these are the most common by far. Rarely does a new Coil or CDI fix "no spark". Buy a manual before replacing untested electrical equipment - they can be had on ebay on disk for less than $10. It will be the best money you invest in being an owner.

Engine Bogs or sputters When engine is revved, it backfires, sputters, spits ect.... The Warrior comes equiped with a "rev limiter" which is part of the parking brake on the clutch perch. This stops the engine from being able to be revved when the P brake is set. I was able to fix mine by simply putting a plastic wire tie around the parking brake assembly to keep it from triggering the switch within. Others will get under the front hood and unplug this circuit from the system. However you do it, it is basically a little switch giving the problem. (FYI -most people remove the parking brake assembly - it is just as easy to shut it off)

Back