Clutch sticking in reverse?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockhatch

Reaction score
I am new to the Warrior world and have a strange problem. If I start up my quad after it has been sitting for a few days and put it into reverse, it starts moving immediately even with the clutch pulled.

I don't mean crawling either, it starts reversing as if the clutch is engaged, not like a slow creep.

I can tap the brake and it will stop, and then I can use the clutch normally to control movement. Is this just a sticking clutch, or is it a common problem indicative of something else? The first time this happened I almost smashed into my car :(

yea i have the same problem but im not sure what it is either. only does it after sitting like you said and put it in reverse, but mine usually sits for a month till i get home from college

Ok, well I guess its just a sticking clutch. The guy I bought it from said he didn't ride it much, and I tend to believe him since it was sitting in his garage looking very new, but with flat tires :D Im just going to ride it and if something goes, it goes.

Many of them do it mine did from time to time before and after I replaced the clutch. It seems like cheaper oils will tend to make the issue more common. Just remember to hold in the rear brake before you put it in gear and it shouldn't be an issue, it never was for me.

Thanks. It has Yamalube in it now. Is there a better oil to use? When I bought the bike, he included a whole case of Yamalube, so I kinda hope its a decent oil as I have so much of it...

Back